Another Road Kill

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
Around Pottsboro, TX, but 43 points.

289_deer.jpg

:shock: holy deer! I've seen more deer in the last three days than ever before in my life. It's crazy, I just look out the back window and they are everywhere. But nothing like that monster of course.

hey $77 if you had to guess, would that buck be considered slightly better than normal in the area it was killed. I've seen many many live bucks here and never have I ever seen anything like that.

inbredredneck":1f9iiwix said:
hey $77 if you had to guess, would that buck be considered slightly better than normal in the area it was killed. I've seen many many live bucks here and never have I ever seen anything like that.

I would say that its a dandy. Way better than anything normally shot around here.

inbredredneck":1hz9pd8l said:
the deers here are corn fed so they got great big fat bodies with scurs for horns.

I think that I would rather eat the ones with the fat bodies and scurs, but I sure would not mind hanging one of those big racked SOB's on my wall some day.

expensive hobby":229o9do6 said:
inbredredneck":229o9do6 said:
the deers here are corn fed so they got great big fat bodies with scurs for horns.

I think that I would rather eat the ones with the fat bodies and scurs, but I sure would not mind hanging one of those big racked SOB's on my wall some day.
my son caught a great big northern pike, of course he wants to keep it, guide says no take a picture then take some measurements and throw it back, so we did son had a meltdown, epic meltdown. Three months later via ups we got a wall mounter that looked exactly like it no kidding I could not tell it wasn't a real fish. maybe I could get the fellers number and you can send him that picture. ;-)

Well.... it would be nice, not much of a story behind it and/or memories though, like you have with your son. I may hunt all my life for the chance to shoot "the big one." Maybe someday I will. I just can't get over the "fresh backstraps" feeding under my stand on opening day. I'll take a nice doe just so I can go in and fix everyone fresh straps for lunch..... never getting the chance to take a big buck......lol. Then again, maybe I'll crack one with my truck some day.

ringer":32i19zip said:
Expensive Hobby

The buck that you posted is not road kill. That buck was killed in 2006 by an Amish man named Dan Miller in the Pennyrile State Forest. The picture you posted is actually on Awesome Antlers. If you google Amish Pennyrile buck it will give you plenty of stories and pictures of it. http://www.awesomeantlers.com/2006-boon ... -buck.html

Lol....A buddy of mine had this on his facebook page and it said that the buck was a road kill near Grove City, PA. I guess you can't trust any pictures on the net.

That buck has been pretty popular as a roadkill! lol There have been quite a few magazine articles done on the deer as well.

Something like that walk through my bottom I would put the bead of a 16 gauge on him, he would never make it to the road. Seen one this year with double G1's.

inbredredneck":3s2cq322 said:

I agree. Looks. more like an elk. My husband thought it was freaky looking, too.

Latest posts