Another rant...

Help Support CattleToday:

We just switched to Direct TV after being with Dish for about 10 years. When I called up Dish to tell them I was switching over, they offered me a year ofr 200 channels for $29.99, plus HBO, Show, Max,etc.. for 3 months free. I switched anyway. So, for those of you who have Dish, you might want to try calling Dish.. just let em know you are going to switch, and they maybe they will offer you a new deal. ;-)

backhoeboogie":3mux79ma said:

Yes on the problem. When someone passes away, having a power of attorney is worthless. I had to get a judge to let me in to Dad's checking accounts and had to get ordered as Administrator of his estate.
Backhoe is right. I had forgotten about that "Administrator" thing.

If you do go up there, try to get in writing from the people in Montana everything you will need. Then get everything in order.
Recently had to deal with two brokerage firms in a similar situation. One firm bent over backwards to help us.
At the other we ran into a female you know what from hades. She had us going back and forth and jumping through legal hoops with all the superior smugnesss she could muster.
I told her to just write down exactly what legal stuff we had to get. She told me she would not put anything in writing. She enjoyed dangling us. Time was a critical issue and she couild not or would not understand or care.

Sure don't want you to have to go through anything like that. That should not be put on one's worst enemy even if they were a liberal. :mrgreen:

Ryder":zhzo0xhq said:
backhoeboogie":zhzo0xhq said:

Yes on the problem. When someone passes away, having a power of attorney is worthless. I had to get a judge to let me in to Dad's checking accounts and had to get ordered as Administrator of his estate.
Backhoe is right. I had forgotten about that "Administrator" thing.

If you do go up there, try to get in writing from the people in Montana everything you will need. Then get everything in order.
Recently had to deal with two brokerage firms in a similar situation. One firm bent over backwards to help us.
At the other we ran into a female you know what from hades. She had us going back and forth and jumping through legal hoops with all the superior smugnesss she could muster.
I told her to just write down exactly what legal stuff we had to get. She told me she would not put anything in writing. She enjoyed dangling us. Time was a critical issue and she couild not or would not understand or care.

Sure don't want you to have to go through anything like that. That should not be put on one's worst enemy even if they were a liberal. :mrgreen:

Well, my aunt was a conservative, a proud one! So take the hex off... :lol:

I have fears of running into a person like you ran into when I deal with the insurance company in South Carolina. That's why I bought a fax machine...like that's gonna help. I cannot go from one side of the country to another...I just can't. Here comes the scream!!!!!

Alice

OK Alice I just got off of the phone.
Now there are a couple of things you can do.
1. Send the bank a copy of the will listing you as the personal representative and a copy of your ID.
2. Have the lawyer or law office that made out her will contact the bank. If the law office is up here even better.

Hope this helps. Now if you already did this I would contact a law office in the town that the bank is in and have them contact them with the papers. Sometimes a letter will shake them loose and sometimes it won't.

I luv herfrds":1jk381dd said:
OK Alice I just got off of the phone.
Now there are a couple of things you can do.
1. Send the bank a copy of the will listing you as the personal representative and a copy of your ID.
2. Have the lawyer or law office that made out her will contact the bank. If the law office is up here even better.

Hope this helps. Now if you already did this I would contact a law office in the town that the bank is in and have them contact them with the papers. Sometimes a letter will shake them loose and sometimes it won't.

Thank you so much for your help. The will was made by the lawyer that is probating it. However, I will suggest to him that if he continues to receive grief to contact a lawyer in that town. Good suggestion.

Alice

Latest posts