Another post got me thinking...

Help Support CattleToday:

Don't have a credit card..
Besides which,why would you want to put that info on the net? There's enough info on here to get your identy

GMN":gtmd7g26 said:
What are your top 3 worst credit card companies?

GMN

Not much experience with credit cards. We've only had two credit cards in the last 10-20 years. I haven't had any bad experiences with either of them. We've had one card since the early '80s and the people who work there are great. We got an AT&T card when they first started issuing them. If you signed up for one then, there would never be a membership fee. Back then, almost all cards had membership fees, so we got it for business travel, then ranch use. As our cow numbers started dropping, we didn't use it as much. There must have been some sort of management change because we weren't as happy with it as we had been, so we closed that account a few years ago.

I only write 3-4 checks a month and one of them is for the credit card. The REC won't take a credit card, but most everything else goes on the card. That makes the checkbook easier to balance. :) I pay it off completely every month. For the last few years, I've redeemed points for cash toward our vacation and that's nice.

Frankie":28t865mw said:
GMN":28t865mw said:
What are your top 3 worst credit card companies?

GMN

Not much experience with credit cards. We've only had two credit cards in the last 10-20 years. I haven't had any bad experiences with either of them. We've had one card since the early '80s and the people who work there are great. We got an AT&T card when they first started issuing them. If you signed up for one then, there would never be a membership fee. Back then, almost all cards had membership fees, so we got it for business travel, then ranch use. As our cow numbers started dropping, we didn't use it as much. There must have been some sort of management change because we weren't as happy with it as we had been, so we closed that account a few years ago.

I only write 3-4 checks a month and one of them is for the credit card. The REC won't take a credit card, but most everything else goes on the card. That makes the checkbook easier to balance. :) I pay it off completely every month. For the last few years, I've redeemed points for cash toward our vacation and that's nice.

I have a zero percent interest capital one card. I get frequent flyer miles every time I use it. I put alot of farm expenses on it and just pay it off with a farm check when they send me the bill. It is just alot easier than carrying a check book. I have never had problems out of them. My wife has an ll bean visa card at 0% interest and a gold master card at 0% interest. Those rarely get used. The capital one card helps pay for plane tickets to denver national western or vegas trips etc.

We use several. Pay them off at the end of the month.

The boss lady started using the GM card to build up nickels for a new car she wanted. So we were using it - a lot - and paying it off. They raised the rate to something like 23% for no reason. It made no sense. So I called and complained. They dropped the rate to 13% or something like that. Not good enough. I cancelled the card, just because. We did buy that car before we cancelled tho :cowboy:

For years our card didn't offer rewards. Finally I called them and asked why. They said we had a gold card that had a lower interest rate. If we wanted rewards, we had to switch to the platinum card which carried a higher interest rate. Since I pay it off every month and don't pay interest, I made the switch and now get the points. It's not a lot, but I used points for our rental car when we went to GA last year and for the hotel in St Louis a couple of years ago. I really drained the points for the trip to Italy this year. It'll probably take a couple of years to build up enough points to be helpful again.

You folks know your purchase information is tracked, fed into software algorithms, predicted for weaknesses, and marketed right? Kind of like the mark of the beast if you get my drift. I could go on, but I better stop there except for one more sentence:

Nothing, absolutely nothing, in God's world is free unless there is no demand.

HerefordSire":fesj02ox said:
You folks know your purchase information is tracked, fed into software algorithms, predicted for weaknesses, and marketed right? Kind of like the mark of the beast if you get my drift. I could go on, but I better stop there except for one more sentence:

Aren't you kind of paranoid?

GMN

GMN":120kiap9 said:
HerefordSire":120kiap9 said:

GMN

Yes. Privacy is very important to me. Most citizens do not care about privacy. For now, it may not negatively present itself visually because we are in data collection mode. Ask Google. In the future, there is a good possibility that food, shelter, water, clothing, and health care will all be regulated based upon data collected. For example, say I have a medical record of inhaling radiation and a Visa transaction showing a pack of smokes that are digital that occurred 20 years ago. Would you want Blue Cross & Blue Shield to have that information before they approved your account?

GMN":hglbjkpo said:
HerefordSire":hglbjkpo said:

GMN

HerefordSire may be many things, but this is not paranoid. Most everywhere you go, there is some kind of reward or loyalty card. The credit cards track you, the grocery stores, the convenience type stores, the department stores, everybody tracks you.

Now if you really want to drive them nuts, when they ask your name, just tell them it's cash.

Do you really want for corporate America and the government (one and the same) to know what you eat, what you smoke, what you drink, where you go, and more?

All is takes is the discount, reward, loyalty, and credit cards. Big brother is already here.

grannysoo":2g78spp9 said:
GMN":2g78spp9 said:
HerefordSire":2g78spp9 said:

GMN

HerefordSire may be many things, but this is not paranoid. Most everywhere you go, there is some kind of reward or loyalty card. The credit cards track you, the grocery stores, the convenience type stores, the department stores, everybody tracks you.

Now if you really want to drive them nuts, when they ask your name, just tell them it's cash.

Do you really want for corporate America and the government (one and the same) to know what you eat, what you smoke, what you drink, where you go, and more?

All is takes is the discount, reward, loyalty, and credit cards. Big brother is already here.

The worst piece of information that anyone can give is your mother's maiden name.

grannysoo":36liul20 said:

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash. Really. No, I really am. My buddy here, Mr Presley and I would like to purchase a ticket on your airplane.
Three forms of ID? Jefferson, Hamilton, and Grant aren't enough? What is with this? Why are you calling security?
Oh well, I've been to prison before.

john250":1boc1ho0 said:
grannysoo":1boc1ho0 said:

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash. Really. No, I really am. My buddy here, Mr Presley and I would like to purchase a ticket on your airplane.
Three forms of ID? Jefferson, Hamilton, and Grant aren't enough? What is with this? Why are you calling security?
Oh well, I've been to prison before.

You don't even have to say a word, and they will, in the future, know who you are with the retinal and facial recognition scans. That in itself is not the scarey part. The scarey part comes when your eyes regulate if you are allowed to eat, kind of like a credit score, except you could have a food score showing how many hours you worked that day to see if you were deserving.

HerefordSire":26rbvbvf said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: You got it brutha. :clap: :clap:

HerefordSire":3s7vw1ly said:
. For example, say I have a medical record of inhaling radiation and a Visa transaction showing a pack of smokes that are digital that occurred 20 years ago. Would you want Blue Cross & Blue Shield to have that information before they approved your account?

You're definitely uninformed. It doesn't matter if Blue Cross & Blue Shield knows that you inhaled radiation or smoked in your past. If you have a major medical expense, they'll simply claim "pre-existing condition", refuse to pay your medical bills, and drop you like a hot rock. Then your chances of getting anybody else to insure you are pretty much nil.

The worst piece of information that anyone can give is your mother's maiden name.

Here is another example. Read the following I grabbed hot off the wire....

28 Pregnant Women Dead From H1N1 Swine Flu in U.S.

CDC: 'Striking' Swine Flu Severity Seen in Pregnant Women

Oct. 1, 2009 -- H1N1 swine flu has killed 28 pregnant women in the U.S., raising the level of concern among obstetricians and CDC investigators.

The 28 women who died were among about 100 pregnant women who required intensive care because of severe H1N1 swine flu disease.

"Doctors around the country have never seen this kind of thing before," CDC respiratory disease chief Anne Schuchat, MD, said today at a news conference. "What we are seeing is quite striking."

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/ ... -flu-in-us

Let's say your sister was one of these victims. You are traced to your sister by your mother's maiden name. Therefore, if you have no medical record at all, in the future, there is a good possibility you could have to pay a higher interest rate than average on a credit transaction because you are genetically related to the deceased sister and there is an additional risk you may not pay back the debt.

Frankie":249d20qj said:
HerefordSire":249d20qj said:
. For example, say I have a medical record of inhaling radiation and a Visa transaction showing a pack of smokes that are digital that occurred 20 years ago. Would you want Blue Cross & Blue Shield to have that information before they approved your account?

You're definitely uninformed. It doesn't matter if Blue Cross & Blue Shield knows that you inhaled radiation or smoked in your past. If you have a major medical expense, they'll simply claim "pre-existing condition", refuse to pay your medical bills, and drop you like a hot rock. Then your chances of getting anybody else to insure you are pretty much nil.

I didn't write I had a major medical expense. Did I?

Regardless, I never had a major medical expense, or any medical expense for that matter, so you are probably correct in that I am uninformed.

Citi. I don't deal with them any more. I haven't used mine for anything except absolute emergencies. And I don't do that anymore since I got a debit card.

grannysoo":h3ukjuxm said:
GMN":h3ukjuxm said:
HerefordSire":h3ukjuxm said:

GMN

I do agree. HS is strange but he is right about this.
Think 666. :shock: :help:

Latest posts