Another One Gone

Help Support CattleToday:

Workinonit Farm

Reaction score
George Jones 'possum' has died at the age of 81. :(

Another one of the great ones (IMO) has left us-----who's gonna fill his shoes.

Katherine

He was a great one. I saw him at the Strawberry Festival in Plant City, Fla. one time. I didn't even know he was there. I was panning for gold and heard "The Race is On" start up and I looked around and there was ol' George up on the stage.

ALACOWMAN":5nogwhlr said:
which reminds me... need to remember Ray Price in prayer..... he's got pancreatic cancer at 87 years of age ....

That might just be the ONLY thing that could kill Ray. I met him a couple of years ago when he played a little show up here and it looked like he could go on forever. Really good fella too!

ALACOWMAN":3ess7ilc said:
i think when he, Mel and Merle are gone.... im going to become a hermit...
ALA
bottle of jack some old 45's setting around a fire will make it feel like there right beside ya

M5farm":sgzlvi1z said:
ALACOWMAN":sgzlvi1z said:
i think when he, Mel and Merle are gone.... im going to become a hermit...
ALA
bottle of jack some old 45's setting around a fire will make it feel like there right beside ya
you wouldnt believe how much i sound like Merle,, after a beer or twelve....I can match him note for note on this one :cowboy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSjuEsAO3AA

ALACOWMAN":1kh2byop said:
Caustic Burno":1kh2byop said:
I wonder if the possum will come home to rest.
he was from your hometown wasnt he??

South of me about 30 miles.
Bought property next to mine was going to open Jones Country up and sold it and bought a bigger piece about 15 miles NE for his place.

Latest posts