Another older than dirt ..

Help Support CattleToday:

Green Creek

Reaction score
How many of you remember Lash LaRue and his whip? We used to listen to him and Inner Sanctum on the radio every afternoon. Mom gardened heavily and wanted us to strip the peas one last time but our programs were coming on so she let us pull the vines and take them under the window so we could listen and not miss a thing.

Green Creek":2apeef29 said:
How many of you remember Lash LaRue and his whip? We used to listen to him and Inner Sanctum on the radio every afternoon. Mom gardened heavily and wanted us to strip the peas one last time but our programs were coming on so she let us pull the vines and take them under the window so we could listen and not miss a thing.

Sounds like a great childhood! :)

I can sure tell I am getting older (Just had my 40th).

Not many people seem to remember when Carol Burnett was on TV (she seems to be touring right now) or Foghorn and Leghorn... two discussions I had in the last two days, and the 'younger' generation just stares blankley at me.

You know, life before the internet? LOL! :nod:

RodeoFoto":2batpoc3 said:

Not many people seem to remember when Carol Burnett was on TV (she seems to be touring right now) or Foghorn and Leghorn... two discussions I had in the last two days, and the 'younger' generation just stares blankley at me.

Sonny, don't even think the word "old" at your age. You got a lot more to go yet and you need to stay young for whatever is ahead.
This "over the hill at 40" stuff is just a myth used as an excuse by lazy people.

I don't remember Lash Whoever, but I do believe that when the television stopped showing old Warner Brother's cartoons, it was the start of the fall of Western Civilization. As I recall, they were too violent. Posh! Watching Looney Toons and Merry Melodies, I learned about
Classical music
WW II
All the old film stars
Tons of dry humor
Acme doesn't make good products (not from the Coyote's POV anyway)
Tons of cultural references

You can't get that stuff anywhere else in the same place.

Ryder":2106535j said:
RodeoFoto":2106535j said:

Sonny, don't even think the word "old" at your age. You got a lot more to go yet and you need to stay young for whatever is ahead.
This "over the hill at 40" stuff is just a myth used as an excuse by lazy people.

hmmmm well last time I checked I had female equipment? LOL! :pretty:

I never said I was over the hill, I said I was getting older. :shock:

And Lazy is a word not in my dictionary. :mad:

RodeoFoto":lqv8f8fw said:
Did he ever catch that Road Runner? :D

Yes. I saw it on several tee shirts. He had his hands around his neck with a caption, "Beep Beep your azz"

RodeoFoto":1gahjfw1 said:
Ryder":1gahjfw1 said:
RodeoFoto":1gahjfw1 said:

And Lazy is a word not in my dictionary. :mad:
Sorry aout the gender misunderstanding, Sunny. (Is that better?) :)

Women hit their prime about 50, if they don't fall apart before then. Take care of yourself. Your best days are ahead. (Not that your days aren't good now).

This "over the hill at 40" stuff is just a myth used as an excuse by lazy people.[/quote]

And Lazy is a word not in my dictionary. :mad:[/quote]

Women hit their prime about 50, if they don't fall apart before then. Take care of yourself. Your best days are ahead. (Not that your days aren't good now).[/quote]

There! That should cover all your bases, Ryder. Quick thinking.

Green Creek":329129tg said:

And Lazy is a word not in my dictionary. :mad:[/quote]

Women hit their prime about 50, if they don't fall apart before then. Take care of yourself. Your best days are ahead. (Not that your days aren't good now).[/quote]

There! That should cover all your bases, Ryder. Quick thinking.[/quote]

You know what they say about a "woman scorned". I have had experience that and don't want to repeat it. :shock:
Just joking. I was very sincere in what I said. :tiphat: