Another odd phone call

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
A recorded message told me there was a call for me,and I was to" push 9". I hung up... Have y'all heard of a scam like that?
I figgure if anybody can call with a recorded message they can just call.....

That was probably just Rashid Ackma in India calling to see if you wanted an extended warranty on your vehicle. It is your last chance and you NEED to jump on it now.

peg4x4":1f16m0gp said:
A recorded message told me there was a call for me,and I was to" push 9". I hung up... Have y'all heard of a scam like that?
I figgure if anybody can call with a recorded message they can just call.....

Probably not a scam, but a robocall. Companies doing this do millions of calls per week, so don't feel special... :roll:

But i wanted to be special!!!!!!!!! Was something about if you're a business and someone does dile 9 it gives them access to your longdistance..

Yeah, better to just hang up. I don't have a lot of problems with that since we got rid of the home phone. Just another scam.

Now, if I could just stop those stupid junk emails.

And speaking of which... If this administration is set on going green, why is 75% of my mail inserts and junk???? How many trees does that cost us?

Sorry. On a rant. Not meaning to hijack the thread. Looking at my mail yesterday and how full the trash can is at the post office...

Lammie":1jq33cfm said:
And speaking of which... If this administration is set on going green, why is 75% of my mail inserts and junk???? How many trees does that cost us?

Hush, Lammie. Some of them boys in GA are growing those trees. And IN soy makes the ink. Do your patriotic duty and read those inserts. You know you need another Elvis collectible plate!

Lammie, what burns me up is they pay so little for postage for junk mail. Just figure the postal service would be pretty well off if everyone paid what we pay for a stamp.
Tom.

Lammie":3f1xz8av said:
Now, if I could just stop those stupid junk emails.

Try this for your spam (and it's free)

http://www.spamihilator.com/

Set it as aggressive as you wish. I have mine set so that nothing gets past it unless you're on my friends list. Just check the spam box once a day and see if there's anyone you want to add to friends.

Lammie":2odhfh63 said:

Sorry. On a rant. Not meaning to hijack the thread. Looking at my mail yesterday and how full the trash can is at the post office...

No..... never throw junk mail in the trash!

Take all of that junk mail, open it, and find the self addressed stamped envelope. Take all of the stuff that they sent you, fill up that envelope, and sent it back to them. Make sure that you send the stuff with your name too. I did this everyday for a couple of months about a year ago and have received very little junk mail since. Support the post office and waste their time all at once. :tiphat:

Sorrry Peg. Me and my big mouth done hijacked your thread.

As for the printers, Steve has a cousin that works for a newspaper and he said that print is indeed dying. He said that the newspapers try to make up for it by printing inserts and such. Ad revenue is down.

Lammie":3qza860j said:

As for the printers, Steve has a cousin that works for a newspaper and he said that print is indeed dying. He said that the newspapers try to make up for it by printing inserts and such. Ad revenue is down.
:tiphat: Hijack away---I find it very interesting where the conversation goes and how far it gets from the starting point :) Makes me happy :banana: :wave: :welcome: :lol2: :clap: :D ;-)

peg4x4":1lzv8oge said:
Lammie":1lzv8oge said:

:tiphat: Hijack away---I find it very interesting where the conversation goes and how far it gets from the starting point :) Makes me happy :banana: :wave: :welcome: :lol2: :clap: :D ;-)

Me too! That's what keeps it interesting. :banana:

Oh, BTW - where has Paris Hilton been? Haven't seen her on the news lately.

I saw something about her,think her neighbors are sueing her about something,or are wanting to buy her house so they'll be rid of her

Jogeephus":2lnowx2v said:
peg4x4":2lnowx2v said:
Lammie":2lnowx2v said:

Me too! That's what keeps it interesting. :banana:

Oh, BTW - where has Paris Hilton been? Haven't seen her on the news lately.
peg4x4":2lnowx2v said:
I saw something about her,think her neighbors are sueing her about something,or are wanting to buy her house so they'll be rid of her

Thanks Peg - I knew I could count on you. Now Lammie, now that Peg and I have shown you how to REALLY hijack a thread do you think you can do it now? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Jo,how's the leg? Still got it I hope? My brother is getting his fitted,should be out of the wheelchair soon..

peg4x4":198y3jm7 said:
Jo,how's the leg? Still got it I hope? My brother is getting his fitted,should be out of the wheelchair soon..

Thanks for asking. Its slowly getting better. Still draining some but I think I got it whipped. I came very close to having some real problems.

Yeah,you did.........If there is a next time (God Forbid!) Listen To Me!!

?? I hear the Indians (Native Americans) would change their names to commerate an event in their lives,or a charistic..
What would your Indian name be?
I might be Mocking Bird or Rattleing Cottonwood Tree.... :D

Latest posts