Another New Calf

Help Support CattleToday:

East Caney

Reaction score
This calf is out of a Lasater bull which is a 1/2 brother to my bull which I've posted here in the past. I've also posted a picture of his mother (and I know she's not standing correctly). The calf is 23 days old in the pictures. The dam is 8 mos. bred in the photo.

DSCN5113.jpg

DSCN5118.jpg

Morgan714.jpg

i like the looks of that bull calf.he bears watching to see how he turns out.i like his momma as well.she is a calf raiser.

I have a cow that looks just like this cow except she is yellow could she be of the same breed? we bought her at a sale barn as a 270# calf so we don't know what she is but she had twins last year and raised them both and did a good job with it too! she is the color of a palamino horse and big, it doesn't really matter what she is we like her and she is a easy keeper and has a great temperment but it would be nice to have a idea what she is.

EC - I LOVE that cow. Wish she was in my pasture.
Snickers - Post a pic of her. People on these boards love to play guessing games like that!

From the opinions of the cow, I feel like I've struck gold. Thanks for the compliments. She's not perfect, but I like her a lot. I'd clean her up a bit in the front and make her a bit deeper in the chest. She definitely has the potential to be a bargain. She was $1,050 short bred. She was produced by Simon Creek Beefmasters (Jimmy and Finley Morgan) in OK. She is an A.I. calf out of L Bar 0324 and Lasater 0523. Here are my high hopes...

L Bar 0324 is the grandsire of a Frenzel bull that sold for $15,750 in last years Beef "On" Forage bull sale.
Lasater 0523 is the mother of Lasater 2015 who sold in the 2004 Lasater Ranch Sale for near $10,000.
Those two produced this first calf heifer whom I've named Annie (paid for by my wife for our anniversary, hence the name Annie).

Maybe I can get her bred to the right bull to produce something that's highly sought. Or, she may just be an average cow...but at least the price was right if she turns out average.

EC

Latest posts