another Memory

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks for sharing that. Cattle in human culture - amazing really. The role they come to play in our lives. Not everyone is hands-on. Looks like Marie was. That is cool!

she was fearless and she liked the big bulls...

but she had never seen anyone hurt by cattle as I have...

over time she realized the danger potential even if it was accidental...

I selected pretty hard for disposition and still do....

pdfangus":59esbc6s said:
she was fearless and she liked the big bulls...

but she had never seen anyone hurt by cattle as I have...

over time she realized the danger potential even if it was accidental...

I selected pretty hard for disposition and still do....

You never know about a bull. Cows that I have been around for a few years are almost 90 % predictable. I know which one that will pick her leg up if you pull a cockleburr from around her udder. I also know the ones you could trim their toes while they are laying under a shade tree.

Cattle get extremely docile. Mine are all gentle. I cannot say I selected for it - just how it turned out. I got a few that are extraordinary. They are as gentle as my lap dogs.

Thanks for sharing, PDF. Sounds like you have a lot of good memories to comfort you. She sounds like quite the woman--bet you were well-matched.

boondocks":fao16aef said:
Thanks for sharing, PDF. Sounds like you have a lot of good memories to comfort you. She sounds like quite the woman--bet you were well-matched.

years ago she found a drawing of two mules in harness and under them was written

"Two stubborn old mules live here."

that picture is posted in our entry hall.

pdfangus":2khhv99e said:
boondocks":2khhv99e said:

years ago she found a drawing of two mules in harness and under them was written

"Two stubborn old mules live here."

that picture is posted in our entry hall.

lovely! Sounds like you "got" each other--a gift not everyone gets, but I'm sure makes the loss that much harder in some ways too....

Latest posts