Another Mad Cow in Canada

Help Support CattleToday:

"About half of the 110 samples were taken from imported feed products, while the balance came from Canadian mills."

How many of those four contaminated samples came from the US, I wonder. From what I heard the Canadians tried to investigate but got stonewalled at the border. Interesting, eh?

Cattle Rack Rancher":yyiv0cja said:
"About half of the 110 samples were taken from imported feed products, while the balance came from Canadian mills."

How many of those four contaminated samples came from the US, I wonder. From what I heard the Canadians tried to investigate but got stonewalled at the border. Interesting, eh?
Federal tests have, according to this story, discovered that four brands of Canadian cattle feed likely included cattle or other ruminant parts in violation of a ban on animal remains designed to protect against mad cow disease.
I'M guessing that all 4 of brands were Canadian...from your post.

Cattle Rack Rancher":3k3rfrn2 said:
I'm not sure but I would think that would be feed that were sold in Canada.

CCR

Federal tests have, according to this story, discovered that four brands of Canadian cattle feed likely included cattle or other ruminant parts in violation of a ban on animal remains designed to protect against mad cow disease.

I'm not sure but I think it says Canadian cattle feed .

This will be my last post on this . There is an old saying ;-) . well you know :lol:

Another Mad Cow In Canada

Don't you think that those canuk cattle are tired of being mad all the time? I mean really, someone should play some led zepplen or guns-n-roses in the parlors for them, don't ya think?

Muratic":23qdc3e9 said:
Another Mad Cow In Canada

Don't you think that those canuk cattle are tired of being mad all the time? I mean really, someone should play some led zepplen or guns-n-roses in the parlors for them, don't ya think?

You would be mad too ,if you were only getting it once a yr too.

Hey Frenchie,

Thanks, good to see you haven't frozen solid yet. Haven't been calving yet, figure the twins will start showing up in a couple weeks or so, although we're not expecting any "full terms" 'till second week of Feb.

Been kind of tied up trying to make myself employable. Taking my Class One at the local college. I've spent the last few days cussing out an old White GMC loaded gravel truck. We're trying to reach a mutual understanding about her hair-trigger throttle and my glaring lack of co-ordination when it comes to double-clutching within her 300 rpm shift limit.

Instructor has a wicked sense of humour, so today he had me hook up to a pup (also loaded) and have it chase me 'n' the "Red Devil" truck around the yard. Was quite educational, as the trailer kept losing air... and draggin along with the spring brakes activated sure didn't help my up and downshifting technique. Apparently that's the downside of this below thirty cold snap we're having - one of the darn valves on the pup's brake chambers was frozen open, so we spent an hour or so pouring alcohol down the pup's gladhands trying to persuade the lines to thaw. Eventually managed to win over the evil frozen lines, but felt like pouring alcohol down my own gullet by the end of the day.

Oh well, live and learn, eh? Tomorrow I'm leaving the steel toes at home and digging out the good old Sorels. I might have sore toes if I drop my brake adjuster on them, but at least they won't freeze if I have to throw a set of jewelry on the drivers.

Take care and keep your boot liners dry.

Latest posts