Another fertilizer............

Help Support CattleToday:

Have never tried it and probably want, but it may work.

A frivolous 3.055 million dollar grant during the Obama administration to study the use of human urine as fertilizer, which has produced nothing to date, other than growing phony-baloney college researchers jobs.

Last edited:
I know one 10 lb male Pomeranian can make a noticeable difference on two, approximately 2.5 sq ft spots of St. Augustine…..

Look at the places in the pasture where the cows have urinated. If I could figure out that recipe for the ingredients then I would produce it.. Probable cost more than I would be willing to pay. Where I went to school the school was small one dressing room for the visiting team. The rest of us dressed in the agricultural teaching room. We would pee in a bottle and pour it out the window. It really made the grass thicker, taller and greeener where the pee was dumped.

I usually get a dud, but after I ate that last sweet summer water mellow I believe I could have fertilized a half row.

For perspective.... USGS says
One inch of rain falling on 1 acre of ground is equal to about 27,154 gallons and weighs about 113 tons

Farmer's Almanac says:

An acre of ground contains 43,560 square feet. Consequently, a rainfall of 1 inch over 1 acre of ground could mean a total of 6,272,640 cubic inches of water. This is the equivalent of 3,630 cubic feet.

As a cubic foot of pure water weighs about 62.4 pounds, it follows that the weight of a uniform coating of 1 inch of rain over 1 acre of surface would be 226,512 pounds or about 113 short tons.The weight of 1 U.S. gallon of pure water is about 8.345 pounds. Consequently, a rainfall of 1 inch over 1acre of ground would mean 27,143 gallons of water.

That, is a lot of peeing...

(Everywhere my dogs pee, the grass turns brown..)

Dairy farms in my area pump out their required waste lagoons and in the spring use that in large tankers to spray it on corn, soy and hay fields. stuff grows like crazy. stinks like heck.

Dairy farms in my area pump out their required waste lagoons and in the spring use that in large tankers to spray it on corn, soy and hay fields. stuff grows like crazy. stinks like heck.
Hog manure is more so for both nutrients and smell.
Note it was sprayed on the field (most is knifed in) spraying urine directly on plants has burn down effect.

Hog manure is more so for both nutrients and smell.
Note it was sprayed on the field (most is knifed in) spraying urine directly on plants has burn down effect.
it is sprayed on the ground after tilling and before planting. On hay before it gets a good start. works wonders. wish I could pay to have my hay fields done.

Latest posts