Another fence question

Help Support CattleToday:

There are plenty of division fences that have stock on both sides. For cattle, a belly high hot wire on the "wrong" side will keep your fence in good shape. Board fence is typically the only vanity fence we will build wrong, to make it look better, but we recently built several thousand feet of HT fixed knot net and hung the wire towards the house to make it prettier. They are also planning on at least a top board, and possibly four boards over the wire, so to make it look good..... It's not the way I prefer to do it, but sometimes aesthetics play a role in the decision. A well built fence works from both sides, but if there will only ever be stock on one side, it's a no brainer.

One exception to that may be which direction any flood water might flow thru the fence. (ain't there always exceptions? )
I put the wire on the inside on this fence, facing the stock, and sure wish I had put it on the other side now. Most of the staples were missing and about 1/4 of the tee post ties were broken.

callmefence":1xfckcxm said:
Typically you put the wire facing the stock.
Put sometimes for appearance it's done backwards.
In my opinion if the fence is properly built, it doesn't matter.

I need to learn how to respond as efficiently as you do.

Farm Fence Solutions":k2lwtira said:
callmefence":k2lwtira said:
Typically you put the wire facing the stock.
Put sometimes for appearance it's done backwards.
In my opinion if the fence is properly built, it doesn't matter.

I need to learn how to respond as efficiently as you do.
quick and to the point! there are a lot of smart people here with good info but i dont always have time to read the books they type

Yes always wire inside except along the creek.
This creek goes over our fence once or twice a year. Our property goes past the big tree that "y"'s. This was only after about 3 inches of rain.

Latest posts