Another estrus question

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Ohter than putting my heifer with a bull (she's 13 mo. old) is there something I can give her to lessen the symptoms of heat (the constant BAAAAWLING!!!)

She is going to be the family cow, so is only with the goat, dog, and poultry and incessantly calling for any bull within 100 miles. Is it just something we live with?

Also, onece she's bred (in Dec. is when we are aiming), has the baby, how soon after the baby is born does she come back into heat and are the signs this noticeable when she is lactating? Thanks!!!

[email protected]

Welcome to the world of heifers! You can feed MGA (can't remember the real name) or maybe insert a CIDR. After she calves she could come back in as soon as a couple of weeks or as long as a month or two. Depends on the cow. Her next heat cycles may be a totally different experience then this series. They don't always act the same year to year.

dun

> Ohter than putting my heifer with
> a bull (she's 13 mo. old) is there
> something I can give her to lessen
> the symptoms of heat (the constant
> BAAAAWLING!!!)

> She is going to be the family cow,
> so is only with the goat, dog, and
> poultry and incessantly calling
> for any bull within 100 miles. Is
> it just something we live with?

> Also, onece she's bred (in Dec. is
> when we are aiming), has the baby,
> how soon after the baby is born
> does she come back into heat and
> are the signs this noticeable when
> she is lactating? Thanks!!!

Also possible she is just lonely and wants some other bovine companion??? Personally think one should always have at two of same species for companionship; then, other species nearby help with their socialization of all critters; and, may give them something interesting to look at, etc.

[email protected]

Latest posts