another deworming ?

Help Support CattleToday:

peb

Reaction score
Hello all....... I have a question for anyone that can give a newbie some advice . After a long drawn out winter its time to turn the cows out to pasture.......... my question is about 1/2 my cattle have calfed already and iam needing to deworm them would it be fine to deworn the entire herd (meaning even the ones that are still in 3rd stage) or should i wait untill all have calfed. Dont really know if it would be ok to deworn a preg cow. Since i'am gonna do it by feed pellets........thanks i love all(most) the comments . :shock:

The packaging should state if it's safe or unsafe to use on pregnant cows.

dun

peb":zoq4ztfi said:
Hello all....... I have a question for anyone that can give a newbie some advice . After a long drawn out winter its time to turn the cows out to pasture.......... my question is about 1/2 my cattle have calfed already and iam needing to deworm them would it be fine to deworn the entire herd (meaning even the ones that are still in 3rd stage) or should i wait untill all have calfed. Dont really know if it would be ok to deworn a preg cow. Since i'am gonna do it by feed pellets........thanks i love all(most) the comments . :shock:

Different dewormers vary on what stage a cow can be in. Check the package. I know that some are not recommended for lactating cows. If you are unsure, ask the people at the store where you buy your supplies or ask your vet.

Latest posts