Another Dairy buyout

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Another dairy buyout announced today. Get in by Oct 15th. Gonna kill already bad cow prices.
Is it helping the dairy farmers. I doubt it!

kenny thomas":zfa7l0bm said:
Another dairy buyout announced today. Get in by Oct 15th. Gonna kill already bad cow prices.
I, personally, don't believe in ---Buyouts, Government Programs of ANY kind!! If you can't stand on your two feet ---Get out the buisness!

the CWT has been useless since the beginning.the only way it helps if it would only take the herds that truely want to retire.my dad thought about bidding on the dairy buyout in the 80s.but he wasnt gonna sellout for 5yrs on their chicken feed payments.an if i was milking today i sure wouldnt sell my cows for $5.25/100 now.thw only way id do that program is if i could put togather 200 cull dairy cows.an have another dairy running full blast with the good cows.

talldog":wn6ck2ya said:
kenny thomas":wn6ck2ya said:
I, personally, don't believe in ---Buyouts, Government Programs of ANY kind!! If you can't stand on your two feet ---Get out the buisness!

They are getting out of the business...the cows are all hauled to the packing house. Now some may go back in latter but the dairyman doesn't really make any money off the deal. Ends up getting paid just about what the old cow is worth....and it's not a gov't buyout....other producers pay into a fund to cover the cost.

Latest posts