Another CT good one

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
Met my second CT member yesterday while vacationing in Dauphin Island, AL. I accepted zirlottkim's (Jeremy) invitation to check out his mom's seafood products. I met up with Jeremy, then went to his mom's place and for some crab cakes and stuffed shrimp. I met back up with Jememy at his cow lot. He's got some nice commercial cows and I got to watch a small bull fight for a few minutes as an added plus. Before we left to get back to the island Jeremy loaded me up (and wouldn't take my money) with a bunch of shrimp. He threw in some Royal Reds (which tastes more like lobster than shrimp) and my family ate like royalty last night. Thanks again for the great eats, Jeremy! We appreciate your great Alabama hospitality!

slick4591":12d0sfs5 said:
Met my second CT member yesterday while vacationing in Dauphin Island, AL. I accepted zirlottkim's (Jeremy) invitation to check out his mom's seafood products. I met up with Jeremy, then went to his mom's place and for some crab cakes and stuffed shrimp. I met back up with Jememy at his cow lot. He's got some nice commercial cows and I got to watch a small bull fight for a few minutes as an added plus. Before we left to get back to the island Jeremy loaded me up (and wouldn't take my money) with a bunch of shrimp. He threw in some Royal Reds (which tastes more like lobster than shrimp) and my family ate like royalty last night. Thanks again for the great eats, Jeremy! We appreciate your great Alabama hospitality!
The pleasure was mine. Good meeting you and your wife. I hope you stop by again before you leave.

This thread reminds of something a neighbor used to say all the time,"Nobody needs a boat, you just need a friend with a boat". A friend with a sea food connection would be even better :D

FYI: This is to anyone coming to the Gulf Coast and looking to eat Royal Red shrimp. There are lesser quality imported Argentine Red shrimp(different species) that are being substituted for our Gulf caught Red shrimp. While they are a wild caught shrimp, Argentine Reds do not have the sweet lobster like taste of Royal Reds. They are not bad, just not the same. Many wholesalers and restaurants push them because they are so much cheaper.
ROYAL REDS

ARGENTINE REDS

True Grit Farms":4tj7n4v4 said:
Can't beat fresh US of A seafoo Seriously, if you never eaten d, and nothing beats a royal red shrimp....but crab cakes come mighty close.

Especially Jeremy's mom's crab cakes. Seriously, if you have never eaten Royal Reds it's something you need to eat before you die.

slick4591":3200kvza said:
True Grit Farms":3200kvza said:
Can't beat fresh US of A seafoo Seriously, if you never eaten d, and nothing beats a royal red shrimp....but crab cakes come mighty close.

Especially Jeremy's mom's crab cakes. Seriously, if you have never eaten Royal Reds it's something you need to eat before you die.
How was the fishing?

zirlottkim":5leo9inf said:
slick4591":5leo9inf said:
True Grit Farms":5leo9inf said:

How was the fishing?

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=109716

Latest posts