Another Cross

Help Support CattleToday:

In the part of the country Brahmanstein used to be popular, used for embryo receipients and just as a cross. I imagine the best thing to do with the bulls is knock them in the head.

CopeMan":2hdlw2eo said:
What would the Cows and Bulls be like of Brahman crossed with Holstein?

CopeMan":2obd6pie said:
What would the Cows and Bulls be like of Brahman crossed with Holstein
that cross 5/8 Holstein- 3/8 Bos Indicus is a registered breed in Mexico, they use it a lot in the Southern and Pacific States in Mexico, by the moment I don't recall the name given, another crosses (still not registered) are Ayrshire-Gyr, Guersney-Gyr & Jersey-Gyr, think they want their registration under one Association

Most of them that I have seen are blue speckled roan.

most that ive seen are black or black and white spotted. They are BIG and excellent milkers. A lot of southern dairies were using brahman bulls on there holsteins and then selling the heifers to commercial herds (the cows are excellent, although i'd expect too high maintenance to be economical) and some even used the f-1s in their dairies.

Brahamn/Holstien heifers make a prety good mama cow...The bull calves are better left alone..The trouble I have with the heifers is that while they raise a good calf and give plenty of milk, they really fall apart while the calf is sucking.. they give so much to the calf it is hard to keep the mama looking good..

Unless you really pound the supplement to them that was the problem we found with all of the various F1 Holstein "Hillbilly Hybrids".

dun

DRB":13gf1xbs said:
Brahamn/Holstien heifers make a prety good mama cow...The bull calves are better left alone..The trouble I have with the heifers is that while they raise a good calf and give plenty of milk, they really fall apart while the calf is sucking.. they give so much to the calf it is hard to keep the mama looking good..

CopeMan":2i09if12 said:
What would the Cows and Bulls be like of Brahman crossed with Holstein?
I didn't find the magazine were the article of the Holstein-bos Indicus cross appeared, but the Mexican Cebu Association is going to send me the magazine again, at least they told me that is called Cebu Holando(Holland Zebu)

Latest posts