Another Cow Strapped to Trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

Mr. Ed was the local butcher when I was young. He'd show up and shoot a cow with a 22 and kill it stone dead with 1 shot. Then he'd wench it up on his flatbed trailer and bring it to his house for processing. It's hard to believe how tolerant country people were back then.

Glad they didn't find out how he got the cow ONTO the trailer? :cboy:

I had to transport one on a flatbed once...pasture to corral.

She started out stuck in the tank....

I don't understand why people are so dang crazy about this "humane" business. I see nothing wrong with that picture at all.

JMJ Farms":2639ijpd said:
I don't understand why people are so dang crazy about this "humane" business. I see nothing wrong with that picture at all.

its that same bunch that pushes the queer agenda. they are fairys that ride unicorns in their world of peace love and prosperity.

JMJ Farms":15ncxxka said:
I don't understand why people are so dang crazy about this "humane" business.
I see nothing wrong with that picture at all.
:bs:
What I see wrong is the hauler says he went straight from farm to butcher and the picture proves he's a liar.
He should have filled up before or after. The longer you stress an injured animal the poorer the bleed out.

Well, I'll buck the trend here and say I disapprove. Butcher the animal on farm and set carcass into pickup bed, wrapped in a new clean tarp and transport for processing. Doing stuff like this is why everyone will suffer with greater transport and animal cruelty regulations.

I think I would have tried something else. Dang sure would have had fueled up first. If he was going to another farm to butcher anyway, why not put it down onsite, then transport with a tarp thrown over it. Something. But then again, I don't roll up to the stop lite, windows down, radio blaring either.

I will compromise my thoughts and say that he could have used a little better judgement in regards to fueling up first and not going down Main Street. But I still don't think he mistreated the cow.