another calf to get docked at the salebarn

Help Support CattleToday:

redfornow

Reaction score
red.jpg

Yep they will dock me bad.... :lol2:

I am joking of course, this little fellow will run right along with the blacks. Dont believe the lies my friends, a hereford bull will give you a couple extra pounds, good replacement heifers, and a nice check on those sorry steer calves... :banana:

Probably true but depends on your location. Around here the calf would probably bring more if it were a black baldie.

HerefordSire":22d90otq said:
Is he standing in a hole?

Running down hill. Hips are high as you would expect from a calf thats 5 months old

TexasBred":1zniwwhh said:
Probably true but depends on your location. Around here the calf would probably bring more if it were a black baldie.

They love the baldies here also... But looking for good growthy calves. Dont get docked if you bring in good ones.

Heck around here (I am aware that lexington is the biggest market east of that river)
A gold calf with hereford markings with top the sale by a jump.

That calf would do well at one of the big MN feeder auctions.
Better yet if you had a truck load.
Sold as a single would probably be bought by a cattle buyer to put with other similar calves to make a truckload.

Blacks usually run 1 to 2 $/cwt more than similiar colored cattlle. Last black steers cattle went for 5 to7 $/cwt more. Not sure what was going on that day.

Latest posts