annoying family member?

Help Support CattleToday:

A6gal":37swpow1 said:
Here's a nightmare for ya! My boyfriend's mother (not even family) moved in about a month ago and is driving me nuts. Her rather large backside has already left a permanent indention in my new leather sofa (she's a 5X5, 5 foot tall and 5 foot wide) she talks baby talk to everyone and likes to read me her medical records! She also meets me at the door when I get home from work wanting to know what we will be having for supper!

The BF's stepfather had a stroke and lost his ranch job near San Angelo. They moved him to rehab in San Antonio and she is supposed to be looking for them a place to live in the area. They will be living on Social Security and she is being way too picky and doesn't like anything in the price range they can afford.

I'll have to put my foot down if the stepdad is released from the nursing facility (he's an alcoholic). He's not coming here!!!

OR you can shuck the whole family boyfriend included!

Howdyjabo":24kb3ll2 said:
Nice timing for this subject- Hubby told me last night that MIL is not doing well and might have to move in with us :shock:

I am afraid if she does that it will mean a divorce eventually- she has a way of turning things around and causing discourse- and when it comes to her, hubby has NO backbone and will sell me out every time to keep peace.

I say send her to a home- but he feels guilty doing that.
She has trained him well............
He loves his mother- but hates the woman almost as much as I do.

Build her a MIL house out back.

A6gal":3qc1mryl said:
Here's a nightmare for ya! My boyfriend's mother (not even family) moved in about a month ago and is driving me nuts. Her rather large backside has already left a permanent indention in my new leather sofa (she's a 5X5, 5 foot tall and 5 foot wide) she talks baby talk to everyone and likes to read me her medical records! She also meets me at the door when I get home from work wanting to know what we will be having for supper!

The BF's stepfather had a stroke and lost his ranch job near San Angelo. They moved him to rehab in San Antonio and she is supposed to be looking for them a place to live in the area. They will be living on Social Security and she is being way too picky and doesn't like anything in the price range they can afford.

I'll have to put my foot down if the stepdad is released from the nursing facility (he's an alcoholic). He's not coming here!!!
build them a house behind the back 40. Buy a used trailer and set up behind the back 40. It is cheaper than moving out.

Some IL's will probably never know the degree of difficulty they've added over the years. And the sad thing is if you sat down and explained it to them they'd STILL not see it. After all, they have only been trying to help.

(Read that last sentence as they have only been trying to run everything or get their way.)

I think building her a MIL house is a good idea- and hubby agreed with me.
Hes gonna talk to her about instead of going to a nursing home having her build a room onto the back of my house(which I wanted for years anyhow). And just get someone in to watch her during the day.And hubby takes care of her at night.
It will have stairs up into my part of the house and unless she gets much better she'll never make it up on her own :)
I'll just make sure its well insulated(sound proofed)-- and we can go right back to don't tell me anything she says or does and it can't hurt me.
I think I can handle dealing with her occasionally as long as I can get away from her. If shes needy enough maybe she'll learn to watch her mouth if I leave her with no help every time she mouths off to me :)
And if she turns on the kids - they can just stay out of that room.

And if she doesn't agree to spend some of the money she has been hoarding on a MIL room- off to the nursing home she goes- and hubby doesn't feel guilty.

Might be a win win conversation with her for once............... still hoping she'll pick the nursing home though :)

A6gal":w14cyqxl said:

I'd get me a Hot Stick and each evening she met me at the door I'd energize her big self.

Howdyjabo":2tsgr152 said:
It will have stairs up into my part of the house and unless she gets much better she'll never make it up on her own :)

:lol2: :nod:

Howdyjabo":2z7qysbv said:
Hes gonna talk to her about instead of going to a nursing home having her build a room onto the back of my house(which I wanted for years anyhow). And just get someone in to watch her during the day.And hubby takes care of her at night.
I'll just make sure its well insulated(sound proofed)-- and we can go right back to don't tell me anything she says or does and it can't hurt me.
I think I can handle dealing with her occasionally as long as I can get away from her. If shes needy enough maybe she'll learn to watch her mouth if I leave her with no help every time she mouths off to me :)

And if she doesn't agree to spend some of the money she has been hoarding on a MIL room- off to the nursing home she goes- and hubby doesn't feel guilty.

Might be a win win conversation with her for once............... still hoping she'll pick the nursing home though :)

This is precisely why I can't get along with my Father in Law. But he has MUCH younger girlfriend to take care of him in his dotage, so I am not too worried about him darkening my door. If will be interesting when he passes on to see the fight that will happen over his estate. My husband has already resigned himself to the idea that she'll get everything, including the house they live in, which was left to my husband by his grandfather. My husband's little brother, on the other hand, vows to get rid of her.

For his part, by FIL says he will leave her nothing, to her face, but then she already refers to his truck as her's, so go fig. I can see this getting tied up in probate for years. I don't know about the laws in Oklahoma, but I think that here in Texas, she might actually have a case. Especially if they represented themselves as married.

The fur's gonna fly. But then, he's too evil to die. He's gonna live forever.

Lammie":3cucrh7n said:
Howdyjabo":3cucrh7n said:

This is precisely why I can't get along with my Father in Law. But he has MUCH younger girlfriend to take care of him in his dotage, so I am not too worried about him darkening my door. If will be interesting when he passes on to see the fight that will happen over his estate. My husband has already resigned himself to the idea that she'll get everything, including the house they live in, which was left to my husband by his grandfather. My husband's little brother, on the other hand, vows to get rid of her.

For his part, by FIL says he will leave her nothing, to her face, but then she already refers to his truck as her's, so go fig. I can see this getting tied up in probate for years. I don't know about the laws in Oklahoma, but I think that here in Texas, she might actually have a case. Especially if they represented themselves as married.

The fur's gonna fly. But then, he's too evil to die. He's gonna live forever.

That is why you never let a woman get papers on you. It is fine to have a live in girlfriend just charge her rent and call her a room mate.

Latest posts