annoying extended family members...

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
How do you all deal with those annoying and sometimes rude extended family members?

(might I add especially around the upcoming holidays)
GMN

In my family we say "You are really being rude and/or annoying." That usually takes care of it.

Don;t associate with them. I pick and choose who I will deal with

I've been known to tell some of them:

"I hate that you have to leave so soon" (while sort of pushing them towards the door).

grannysoo":lri00sy6 said:
I've been known to tell some of them:

"I hate that you have to leave so soon" (while sort of pushing them towards the door).
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Agree with the above. Either cut ties with them, or politely ask them to cease and desist. Life is too short to spend it arguing with family.

Granddad would say "well I am tired, you aint go to go home but you cant say here. Its been good seeing ya'll and ya'll have a safe trip." Then (my Grandmothers extended family) would get their coats and leave. He would look at me with a big ol grin as they would go out the door. It use to tear my grandmother up, she would be mad for a day or two :lol:

Auburn_Ag":31knn4mp said:
Granddad would say "well I am tired, you aint go to go home but you cant say here. Its been good seeing ya'll and ya'll have a safe trip." Then (my Grandmothers extended family) would get their coats and leave. He would look at me with a big ol grin as they would go out the door. It use to tear my grandmother up, she would be mad for a day or two :lol:
When I was a squirt, if we had company over and it got late my dad would say, it's getting close to bed time. If they didn;t get the hint he would go and put on his pajamas and come back out and say goodnight. Worked every time. I used to do similar except I just went in and went to bed and didn;t come back out.

Brute 23":1kx93g0s said:
Cut your ties.... life is too short.

Yup. The in-laws are all really good folks. But other than my parents, I haven't spoken to any of my other relatives in years. And I'm an adjoining property owner to 3 of them. Notice I didn't say neighbor. I find that being the Axxhole Next Door has its perks.

GMN":1anehp1n said:
How do you all deal with those annoying and sometimes rude extended family members?

(might I add especially around the upcoming holidays)
GMN
I look over their faults. Hope they look over mine. Wish them happy holidays. Then I pray they will be over soon so I can resume my life.

I put up with it for the sake of family. And I drink a little more than I should...

Guess I'm lucky I have so many good family members I sort of overlook the bad ones.
Just kind of take them for what they are.
Have one in mind that continues to talk about other members while she's visiting.
Makes you know she talks about you when she's at another relative's house.
But we all know her and have a pretty good laugh about it. :lol: :lol:

Cal

Crowderfarms said:
"All of our guests bring us happiness" "Some by coming, some by going"

Locked gates and unlisted numbers are a start.[/quote

We tried your method but wifes brother climed over the fence and walked the half mile to the front door. I still cant figure why she doesnt just tell him not to visit us. I guess it is just Southern Family Hospitality.
Tom

kerley":39ged8li said:
Crowderfarms":39ged8li said:

We tried your method but wifes brother climed over the fence and walked the half mile to the front door. I still cant figure why she doesnt just tell him not to visit us. I guess it is just Southern Family Hospitality.
Tom
Get a bigger dog

I thank God I have Mr. Farmwriter to get through it with. Anybody who gets obnoxious, hubby and I just exchange looks and laugh about it afterwards. Makes all the difference in the world when MR JERK shows up to think of how funny my husband's imitation of him will be.

dun":2cc3gx46 said:
kerley":2cc3gx46 said:
Crowderfarms":2cc3gx46 said:

Tom
Get a bigger dog

It's a good thing you're mean/ugly enough to scare folks off cause that little weiner dog of yours sure wouldn't cut the mustard!

Latest posts