Animal siezure in ND

Help Support CattleToday:

Sounds like some seriously funny business going on there. Makes you wonder...Do you really own your cattle? Apparently in there eyes you don't if they can just come pick them up. I agree the vets license should be pulled that's just total b.s

That Vet will be out of business. No way anyone would take their animals to see her after that. Maybe she can out to California with the yuppies and work for peta.

Something wrong with that story. Those animals look perfectly fine, so they are either not the animals taken, or the entire story is a bunch of bull.

"there is some history between this vet and this rancher" ...... He77 hath no fury like a woman scorned. Thank goodness my X isn't a vet. :lol2:

The pics of the animals were 30 days after "rescue".. and like they said, you don't go from starved to a BCS of 5 or 6 in 30 days. The vet is a POS, and LEO's sounded like they cherry picked 'evidence' to present to the judge, ignoring the written statements of the other vet that said they were just fine

Welcome to the world we live in today. Lots of wackos have it in for animal production and the laws are being changed to suit their views. In this case, the vet just cooked her business.

Nesikep":1id1yhjk said:
...sounded like they cherry picked 'evidence' to present to the judge, ignoring the written statements of the other vet ....
Sadly too many prosecutors in usa view their job as getting convictions and not justice.
Seems in their own mind total convictions is how they measure job performance and let the facts be dxnmed.

Son of Butch":3pcjhrom said:
Nesikep":3pcjhrom said:
...sounded like they cherry picked 'evidence' to present to the judge, ignoring the written statements of the other vet ....
Sadly too many prosecutors in usa view their job as getting convictions and not justice.
Seems in their own mind total convictions is how they measure job performance and let the facts be dxnmed.
From what I gather, the judge granting the warrant was only presented with one (the d@mning) vet's evidence and not the other one.. so on that basis I would say the judge was correct, and it was the LEO's at fault here for cherry picking

Yes, judge can only rule on what he is presented.
Prosecuting attorney goes through LEO's evidence and information and makes the decision as to what or what not
to present to the judge with a recommendation of what he/she as the state's legal representative of the people wants
to pursue.

But the start of the video stated the vet said the animals shouldnt be moved because of their condition. Why would she say that if she wanted them seized?

Dont make no sense.

Perhaps to exaggerate her claim of their awful condition and to then take credit for their supposed recovery?
Everyone has cell phones for taking pictures and video. A Highly Educated person such as a Vet would know to
document claims with photographs and video. Not doing so brings into question her motives and integrity.

There is a case going on just a couple miles down the road from me right not with a group of horses that are in deplorable conditions. Drive by the place, and no sane person would dispute that the owners should not have the horses. There is a similar case that has been going on for over a year about an hour north of me also. That guy still has his horses too. Everyone comments on social media about how the local law enforcement should step in, call the ASPCA, ect. The thing they do not think about is, the very rights that allow these people to keep their animals in these conditions are also the rights that protect them from a nosy/vindictive/angry neighbor/ex/whatever causing them to loose they animals they care for well. The laws that limit the police ability are there so we aren't part of a police state. You can't have your cake and eat it too! I wonder how many of my do-gooder neighbors that are so outraged would be willing to donate hay, time or even take in these animals....I'm guessing none. I'm not saying that the owner isn't a poor excuse of a human in my opinion for letting these animals go through this, but I am sick to death of the monday morning quarterbacking of animal owners. End of rant!

This all goes back to the fact that farm groups need to be proactive in bringing forward policy to state leaders to form animal welfare legislation. If they don't, animal rights will decide it for them and then they might be lucky to get amendments. Put your head in the sand if you want, but the wolves will still chew out your @ss.

Aaron":1ssqxy8r said:
This all goes back to the fact that farm groups need to be proactive in bringing forward policy to state leaders to form animal welfare legislation. If they don't, animal rights will decide it for them and then they might be lucky to get amendments. Put your head in the sand if you want, but the wolves will still chew out your @ss.

The interview pointed out that the farm lobbyists fought hard and got most of what they wanted in the bill, and were crowing about how great a bill it was for them when it passed. If so, gotta think the problem maybe isn't with the law itself but the lack of common sense in enforcing it....

boondocks":rpwak2g9 said:
Aaron":rpwak2g9 said:

The interview pointed out that the farm lobbyists fought hard and got most of what they wanted in the bill, and were crowing about how great a bill it was for them when it passed. If so, gotta think the problem maybe isn't with the law itself but the lack of common sense in enforcing it....

The way I understood it, they fought for amendments. Should have been on the ground floor in setting the draft for the original bill, rather than having others decide it for them. Farm organizations lack foresight, should be on top of things rather than play damage control.

Aaron, Agreed!

Boot Jack Bulls":17xt6u49 said:
There is a case going on just a couple miles down the road from me right not with a group of horses that are in deplorable conditions. Drive by the place, and no sane person would dispute that the owners should not have the horses. There is a similar case that has been going on for over a year about an hour north of me also. That guy still has his horses too. Everyone comments on social media about how the local law enforcement should step in, call the ASPCA, ect. The thing they do not think about is, the very rights that allow these people to keep their animals in these conditions are also the rights that protect them from a nosy/vindictive/angry neighbor/ex/whatever causing them to loose they animals they care for well. The laws that limit the police ability are there so we aren't part of a police state. You can't have your cake and eat it too! I wonder how many of my do-gooder neighbors that are so outraged would be willing to donate hay, time or even take in these animals....I'm guessing none. I'm not saying that the owner isn't a poor excuse of a human in my opinion for letting these animals go through this, but I am sick to death of the monday morning quarterbacking of animal owners. End of rant!

Around here it's feral horses.. no one owns them unless you shoot one.. then all the natives claim it... they are SO covered in ticks and weak by springtime they can hardly walk.. there isn't a square inch on them that doesn't have not one, but 10 ticks on it.. But no one will do squat about it because it's on reserve land.

As I said, they're so weak, they let me halter them.. and trust me, they haven't been on a halter before.. but they did understand I was a good guy, and they really enjoyed getting the ticks picked off.

Latest posts