Animal Control

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Does anyone else have animal control in their county that is dumb as a bucket of cow S... ? These fools know absolutely nothing about cattle.

Yes, it's called the NPS. They came and took 8 or 9 of my neighbors horses and left him with 8. He still has hardly no fence, and can't keep the 8 on his own property because their always hungry. The Sheriff dept. has been out 20+ times for horses on the paved road. And one of these days someone's going to get hurt or killed in a vehicle - horse collision, and it won't be an accident. IMO

True Grit Farms":2eupp70d said:
Yes, it's called the NPS. They came and took 8 or 9 of my neighbors horses and left him with 8. He still has hardly no fence, and can't keep the 8 on his own property because their always hungry. The Sheriff dept. has been out 20+ times for horses on the paved road. And one of these days someone's going to get hurt or killed in a vehicle - horse collision, and it won't be an accident. IMO

Someone called them on me saying I wasn't feeding my cattle. It was my bottle calves I asked do you know anything about the differences of cattle he told me he wasn't on trial and I may be if I don't start feeding my animals. Told me he was going to get a vet to come out and look at them I said please do so you can cause a big bill for the county because I wasn't paying it.

skyhightree1":195p7jhf said:
True Grit Farms":195p7jhf said:

Someone called them on me saying I wasn't feeding my cattle. It was my bottle calves I asked do you know anything about the differences of cattle he told me he wasn't on trial and I may be if I don't start feeding my animals. Told me he was going to get a vet to come out and look at them I said please do so you can cause a big bill for the county because I wasn't paying it.

Make sure the vet brings some vaccinations, and you might as well have him castrate while he's there. Sky people are stupid and can't mind there own business. But you knew that already, I'm sure.

skyhightree1":vbdt05ua said:
True Grit Farms":vbdt05ua said:

That's why you need no trespassing signs at your gate. Then you tell the SOB he has till the count of ten to get off your place.

Around here if the law suspects someone of mistreating animals they call the ASPCA (I think that is right) out of Dallas. They have taken a lot of horses around here.

sky you should know by now that some cows are front pasture cows and others are back pasture. Put them where folks cant see them. and I second the notion of telling them pizzoff. should have showed him your fat pigs

The Sheriff's Department handles that here. I haven't heard any complaints. I even had a heifer get out on Highway 6 (major 4-lane divided highway with a lot of traffic) a few years ago. The deputy put her back, tied up the fence, and called to let me know. No fuss, no muss.

True Grit Farms":15ijf57n said:
skyhightree1":15ijf57n said:

Make sure the vet brings some vaccinations, and you might as well have him castrate while he's there. Sky people are stupid and can't mind there own business. But you knew that already, I'm sure.

You got that right

wacocowboy":15ijf57n said:
skyhightree1":15ijf57n said:

That's why you need no trespassing signs at your gate. Then you tell the SOB he has till the count of ten to get off your place.

Around here if the law suspects someone of mistreating animals they call the ASPCA (I think that is right) out of Dallas. They have taken a lot of horses around here.

I have signs just didn't have the gate closed

M-5":15ijf57n said:
sky you should know by now that some cows are front pasture cows and others are back pasture. Put them where folks cant see them. and I second the notion of telling them pizzoff. should have showed him your fat pigs

Yep I am moving them to another place that's out of the way and less convenient for me to get hot water because folks wont mind their business if I could afford it I would put up 20' cement walls around every bit of my property . He never even went over to look at them there 100 yds away guess it was too far for his short fat A.. to walk

Ol' 243":171vancp said:
You got any idea who dropped a dime on you?

Sure do a guy bought 2 acres behind me with some old raggedy house hes trying to fix up and his grand kids grabbed my electric fence and it shocked the S... out of them. We had some words I guess he figures if they take my animals he wont have to worry about watching the kids and them getting shocked. I had my shop built and someone called on me then to the building inspectors office... Funny thing is joke was on them I had a permit I been in the same place for 6 years and he comes in gets pissed cause the fence incident and now every turn I make some county official is beating on my door. :mad: I was spraying the fence lines so I figure in a couple days the EPA or some crap will be coming by.

skyhightree1":26zymzxh said:
Ol' 243":26zymzxh said:

Sure do a guy bought 2 acres behind me with some old raggedy house hes trying to fix up and his grand kids grabbed my electric fence and it shocked the S... out of them. We had some words I guess he figures if they take my animals he wont have to worry about watching the kids and them getting shocked. I had my shop built and someone called on me then to the building inspectors office... Funny thing is joke was on them I had a permit I been in the same place for 6 years and he comes in gets be nice cause the fence incident and now every turn I make some county official is beating on my door. :mad: I was spraying the fence lines so I figure in a couple days the EPA or some crap will be coming by.

Around here, folks like that have a problem with their barn getting to warm.

Yep I like my gate closed. Luckily nobody around here messes with me. Only one of my neighbors lives out here and we get along most of the time.

skyhightree1":2gc43q38 said:
if I could afford it I would put up 20' cement walls around every bit of my property
Tell your congressman it's part of the mexican wall and maybe the gov will help pay for it

M-5":394ndynn said:
sounds like a perfect place for your hog pen to me.

Love the way you think :tiphat:

Ol' 243":394ndynn said:
skyhightree1":394ndynn said:
Ol' 243":394ndynn said:

Sure do a guy bought 2 acres behind me with some old raggedy house hes trying to fix up and his grand kids grabbed my electric fence and it shocked the S... out of them. We had some words I guess he figures if they take my animals he wont have to worry about watching the kids and them getting shocked. I had my shop built and someone called on me then to the building inspectors office... Funny thing is joke was on them I had a permit I been in the same place for 6 years and he comes in gets be nice cause the fence incident and now every turn I make some county official is beating on my door. :mad: I was spraying the fence lines so I figure in a couple days the EPA or some crap will be coming by.

Around here, folks like that have a problem with their barn getting to warm.
:lol2:

wacocowboy":394ndynn said:
Yep I like my gate closed. Luckily nobody around here messes with me. Only one of my neighbors lives out here and we get along most of the time.

Funny thing is neighbor I had the most problems with is ok with me helped me round up cattle when they got out and I give him eggs now

I live in the farthest southwest corner of the county. Our sheriff calls one of us to go out and put the cow back. We do so and usually fix the fence too. It all comes around

skyhightree1":2ikqt18a said:
True Grit Farms":2ikqt18a said:

Post some pictures.

kenny thomas":wbke2lum said:
skyhightree1":wbke2lum said:
True Grit Farms":wbke2lum said:

Post some pictures.

Latest posts