Angus x Corriente

Help Support CattleToday:

Which pic(s) are of Angus x Corriente calves?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The buyers are sent to the sales with instructions to buy "black". Anyone can do that, simple assignment unless you are color blind.
Buyer are given orders to buy good calves at a certain price. They are also told not to buy X,Y,&Z.
If it were simple anyone could make a good living doing it. Truth is that it takes a lot of knowledge and the ability to make correct decisions very quickly. Just because they are a certain color, sex, or size doesn't mean they are good calves that will make the boss money. Buy the wrong kind and you will find yourself unemployed fairly quickly.

Buyer are given orders to buy good calves at a certain price. They are also told not to buy X,Y,&Z.
If it were simple anyone could make a good living doing it. Truth is that it takes a lot of knowledge and the ability to make correct decisions very quickly. Just because they are a certain color, sex, or size doesn't mean they are good calves that will make the boss money. Buy the wrong kind and you will find yourself unemployed fairly quickly.
Very well said Dave. I think there's a big misconception on the type of calves buyers want. This is causing allot of folks heartache on sale day.

The answer is #5, he said they were ultra black cross, and those calves are the only one's with clear brahman influence. Plus they look wild as cats.
I must've missed where he said it was number 5 calves. I agree number 5 calves probly have some brahma influence.

Look too leggy for corriente tho.

I must've missed where he said it was number 5 calves. I agree number 5 calves probly have some brahma influence.

Look too leggy for corriente tho.
I didn't. That pigeon just can't read and comprehend very well. Another pigeon had guessed #2 as Chi-Angus, and I told him he was right...it is Ultrablack x Chi-Angus. Never said on here what #5 is. That pigeon also said they look wild as cats! LOL. The rest of the herd is in front of them, and these 2 were dragging ass in back. He was behind them on a horse, punching them up with the rest of the cows. I cropped the cows in front out of the pic, because they would have been a give-away, and cropped the dude on the horse out, because he don't like to be on FB or any kind of social media, etc.

Agreed.

I don't do sale barn cattle for a lot of reasons but one of them is I'm simply not good enough to make a decision fast enough to be competitive.

I agree with you 100%. That's why I think it odd that some individuals feel the buyers are being fooled by some of the calves.

I didn't. That pigeon just can't read and comprehend very well. Another pigeon had guessed #2 as Chi-Angus, and I told him he was right...it is Ultrablack x Chi-Angus. Never said on here what #5 is. That pigeon also said they look wild as cats! LOL. The rest of the herd is in front of them, and these 2 were dragging ass in back. He was behind them on a horse, punching them up with the rest of the cows. I cropped the cows in front out of the pic, because they would have been a give-away, and cropped the dude on the horse out, because he don't like to be on FB or any kind of social media, etc.
Well, I guess I am a pigeon #2. Is that derogatory? #2 looks identical to this calf that was sold in 2017 as Lot 6 in an on-line sale by Gettinger Chi-Angus.
#1, 2, 3, and 4 are also from the world wide web with no indication of them having any rodeo breeding.
#5 I think is probably from Georgia. They seem to have made it to the www only recently. And they seem to show their breed characteristics pretty well. Not much kudzu or honeysuckle in the picture though.
Pigeons don't have teeth. Maybe I am safe. lol.

Well, I guess I am a pigeon #2. Is that derogatory? #2 looks identical to this calf that was sold in 2017 as Lot 6 in an on-line sale by Gettinger Chi-Angus.
#1, 2, 3, and 4 are also from the world wide web with no indication of them having any rodeo breeding.
#5 I think is probably from Georgia. They seem to have made it to the www only recently. And they seem to show their breed characteristics pretty well. Not much kudzu or honeysuckle in the picture though.
No saddle high Johnson grass either.
That's what I'd like to see. Johnson grass in a pasture with that kinda stocking rate and no management.

Is that derogatory? No simme, just an expression :)

There's a whole flock of them on here. Now shoo! Fly away before the cats get ya! :)

Attachments

• arguing with pigeons.jpg
    arguing with pigeons.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 17
No saddle high Johnson grass either.
That's what I'd like to see. Johnson grass in a pasture with that kinda stocking rate and no management.
That's the way it works here. Can't have JG in a pasture that is continuously grazed unless the stocking rate is very low. Cow will eat it into the ground and it goes away. Got to go now. This bird has got to roost.

So number 5 is the corx calves?

Missed your chance, already trademarked them after my post.
Going to start the American Corx Association, and begin printing out papers. Better get in now before they really take off.

🤪🤪🤪

I see the poll closes September 2nd
I bet we have to wait til then
It says only 15 voted, but if you total up all the votes, it comes to 31. I might as well close it. All we have is the pigeons popping off BS anyway. At the bottom of each thread, they show you old threads of similar topics. There are several about Corriente and Angus. Funny thins is, on a lot of those pigeons on these threads...some of them going back 10-15 years, most of these pigeons are taking stances opposite of the sh*t they have been spewing on mine! Pretty easy to tell who are the "keyboard cattlemen" that don't really know their butt from a hole in the ground! :LOL:😆;)

continued from previous post [page 1] So who is to determine the photo(s) selected are actually Corriente/Angus cross?
So far, from what I can determine thus far, my understanding is the decision is to be determined by some one who has the reputation of threatening to knock the teeth out of anyone who questions his integrity, or methodology or any difference of opinion.
This can be verified by any number of topics that have suffered his participation
It has been alluded to that the photos were taken from the world wide web which I would hope is not the case.
While I readily agree he has the right to his opinion of his own expertise I would respectfully disagree with his own
mensaonic assessment of his abilities. As to which photo(s) are Corriente/Angus cross I think Rhett Butler summed
it up quite adequately....

I'm all for people crossing and raising any kind of cattle they enjoy looking at. I've got several friends that run Corrienti cattle for ropers and cross them with Angus to make cows. I know a man that built a heard of close to a 1,000 head out of mexican x angus cross. My question is what will the calves bring at the sale? There was another thread this week that posted East Texas cattle sales. It was hard to read the sales sheet but I believe it said 800# $1.45-1.55. Will the Mexican xAngus cross calves bring this or are they the ones in the blurp that says "lower quality cattle did not bring these prices". If the latter why would you raise them? My calves averaged 825# and brougt $1.49 about a month ago, they pretty well topped the market that week. I wasn't at the sale but I doubt any Mexican cattle came anywhere near that.

Latest posts