Angus x Corriente

Help Support CattleToday:

Which pic(s) are of Angus x Corriente calves?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely! The meanest cow I ever have dealt with, was damned Hereford, which are noted for their docility. she wasn't wild..wasn;t hard to catch or she didn;lt run oiff. That crazy b*tch would hear her owners open a gate to her pasture, and charge them. They got me to rope her and carry her to a local butcher, and I thought she would tear my trailer apart in the 10 miles to his place. He shot her on the trailer, then drug her inside to process. The meanest bull I ever knew of was a Jersey. Gentlest bull I ever saw, other than an Angus that a friend's dad had when we were little, that we could get on 2 or 3 at a time and ride him, was a Brahma. The man's kids could go out in the pasture and sit on him while he was lying down, and they could take him by an ear and lead him anywhere they wanted him to go. If he was in the back of a pasture, they could holler for him and he'd come a running.... bellowing and slinging his head, and jumping around like a bucking bull, til he got close to you. Seen many a grown man that didn't know him, clear the top strand of wire on the fence in a single leap! I know cattle can;t think like that, but it almost seemed he enjoyed scaring them like that!

The 24 Corriente practice steers we have, will just stand in the lane and let you wrap their horns....you don't have to push them all into the chute to wrap them. One of them we call 101, because he has 101 branded on his horns, will walk up tp the header after the heeler has released his legs, and lean his head for you to take the rope off his horns. It doesn't have as much to do with breed, as it does have they have been treated.

I agree with you, Puzzled. If he don't wanna read the thread, then he don't need to put his cursor on the title and left click! Instead, 2 Birds, put your middle finger on that wheel in the middle of your mouse, and rotate it toward or away from you!
Yeah, Angus seem to get a bad rap. I think it has to do with animal husbandry and how you treat them. We've had angus for twenty years. Probably put 250 or so in the freezer during that time. I can remember only two that I had to calibrate with the maul handle and they were fine after that. I wish you could do that with people.

So, 1 and 5 are correct? It may have been a guess but it was guess based on experience....
This topic matter has done more for the Corrientes than a year of self promotion by the Association
by establishing the Corriente as a 'true to type' cattle and not subject to the 'pollution' as suffered by
the Angus breed in the attempts to turn otherwise reputable types of cattle black for self promotion
and personal gain.

So, 1 and 5 are correct? It may have been a guess but it was guess based on experience....
This topic matter has done more for the Corrientes than a year of self promotion by the Association
by establishing the Corriente as a 'true to type' cattle and not subject to the 'pollution' as suffered by
the Angus breed in the attempts to turn otherwise reputable types of cattle black for self promotion
and personal gain.
No, US Corriente breeders are doing it too. See all kinds of ads for solid black Corriente for sale. And they are asking $150- $250 more for the black ones. I guess it is because a lot of people have commercial black bulls that are heterazygous for black, and people may get a calf that is something besides sold black form their Corr cows. And they advertise homozygous black Corr bulls, too. Dunno why anyone would want to take a beef cow and breed it to a Corr bull, though. The purpose of the angus bulls x Corr cows, was to have a a much cheaper to buy... and raise...cow that will wean a 500 lb or more polled black calf.

Has been a good discussion!
A lot of fun..
Waiting......
It has already been disclosed that 2 and 5 were not the Corriente cross.. Dunno why so many picked 5. Out of the other 3, one is a registered Angus, pic taken from a webpage for a breeder that sells flushed embryos out of her high-dollar cows. Another is a full blooded but not registered angus, and one is the Ang x Corr.

No, US Corriente breeders are doing it too. See all kinds of ads for solid black Corriente for sale. And they are asking $150- $250 more for the black ones. I guess it is because a lot of people have commercial black bulls that are heterazygous for black, and people may get a calf that is something besides sold black form their Corr cows. And they advertise homozygous black Corr bulls, too. Dunno why anyone would want to take a beef cow and breed it to a Corr bull, though. The purpose of the angus bulls x Corr cows, was to have a a much cheaper to buy... and raise...cow that will wean a 500 lb or more polled black calf.
Poll closed 43 minutes ago...

Dont you Obiden us!
😂🤣😂😋

Ope! So sorry. There you are!! Lol

Latest posts