Angus Terminal Sire lines

Help Support CattleToday:

gaurus

Reaction score
Do you know of any Black Angus lines with Terminal Sire EPDs that can be use on F1 Tiger Stripe cows? Or would it be better using a Black Limousin

gaurus":2ll6dg1x said:
Do you know of any Black Angus lines with Terminal Sire EPDs that can be use on F1 Tiger Stripe cows? Or would it be better using a Black Limousin

From my experience I would not go with a Limousin... especially a "Black" Limousin. I can't help with specific lines but a good Angus bull across F1s will do all the good. I just picked out one this morning myself to do the same thing. :tiphat:

jscunn":329cp1bl said:
Are you looking for strictly growth or do you want terminal with some positive carcass traits.

I was talking about a "heifer killer" type of Angus bull, the ones you would never use on your Angus Heifers or the ones dairy breeders stay clear away from them, I think that type of Angus would not be much smaller than low BW Limousin, perhaps a Limflex?

gaurus":115hh25z said:
jscunn":115hh25z said:
Are you looking for strictly growth or do you want terminal with some positive carcass traits.

I was talking about a "heifer killer" type of Angus bull, the ones you would never use on your Angus Heifers or the ones dairy breeders stay clear away from them, I think that type of Angus would not be much smaller than low BW Limousin, perhaps a Limflex?
Limousin are not hard calving. And a "heifer killing" angus bull is most certainly going to throw larger calves then a lbw Limousin

gaurus":39wl6zqd said:
Do you know of any Black Angus lines with Terminal Sire EPDs that can be use on F1 Tiger Stripe cows?
Or would it be better using a Black Limousin
GAR breeding has focused on terminal carcass traits with calving ease.
i.e.
GAR Method ced 15 bw -.4 acc. 80 cw 62 marb .85 re 1.29 $B 177
or
GAR 100X ced 18 bw -4.6 acc. 91 cw 38 marb 1.02 re .79 $B 148

both are at Select Sires

Latest posts