Angus Sires that Fix Utter Qualities?

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Looking for angus ai sires that will fix long teats and utter suspension. The cows Utter isn't terrible but could use some work. I don't want to introduce bad feet or small frames though. Thoughts? Older bulls ok as long as i can the semen. Thanks!

Hoover Dam, SAV Bruiser and Connealy Impression have checked those boxes for us. Should be able to get semen on all 3 of those. They are still competitively priced last I looked.

I'm using SS Niagara Z29 this year, I have been told he improves udders and feet and will add a little frame. Sounds like what you are looking for.
He definitely has on our ranch. Dramatic improvements on some bad feet, bad udders and are docile. Very happy with them to date. Have a group that just weaned their first calves that are bigger weaning weights than we have had from heifers in many years. They raised whopper calves on dry pasture. Maintained their weight very well on less than desirable pasture which impresses me. Will use him again for sure.

He definitely has on our ranch. Dramatic improvements on some bad feet, bad udders and are docile. Very happy with them to date. Have a group that just weaned their first calves that are bigger weaning weights than we have had from heifers in many years. They raised whopper calves on dry pasture. Maintained their weight very well on less than desirable pasture which impresses me. Will use him again for sure.
Any pics of those calves?

Of sires mentioned, I like Hoover Dam and Impression. Both make nice cows in my opinion.
I don't have experience with Bruiser.
I think Hoover Dam is going to give you a better product over his son Niagra unless you are trying to breed numbers.

Latest posts