Angus Sire too Add Bone Structure.

Help Support CattleToday:

YoungAngusCattle

Reaction score
I gotta few cows that could use some more bone structure, some off their weaned calves have what I call pencil legs and I don't wanna go every far down that road.

I'm shooting for a sire with around average ced, no negative birth weight, 20s in milk and not a crazy low $E.

Have you looked through the herd sires of hoover angus? They may have some good options. Check out their website.

HF Tiger 5T will add bone the first generation and is a short gestation calving ease bull. Semen is around, but might be hard to find. Semen on his sire, HF Kodiak is still available.

Have a look at Bruns Blaster, owned by Musgrave Angus. A couple of his sons are starting to feature as sires as well now. He wont disappoint.

Ken

Avoid short gestation and especially calving ease bulls. Move your selection to BW of 2 to 3 and then take a look to keep CED to a desirable level.

Hard to find a perfect bull. All going to give up something to get something else. But, this bull will no doubt put some running gear under your cows. CED and BW and $EN a little out of my range, but will stouten them up. https://oneillangusfarm.com/oneills-black-bardolier/

This guy Coleman Rito 974 will add lots to offspring. Makes great females. He is 11 yrs old this year and is going to be put with some cows

Latest posts