Angus Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

MTZ Cattle

Reaction score
Im looking for black angus prices in California. I want to buy some heifers and would like to know what a fair price is. Please help.

MTZ Cattle":2fdrtedz said:
Im looking for black angus prices in California. I want to buy some heifers and would like to know what a fair price is. Please help.

Are you looking for registered animals or commercial? Bred? Open? Show animals or performance animals?

MTZ Cattle":2ladsovv said:
Think about it. The way you asked the question is no different than me asking what I should pay for a blue car.

Ok so Im really new at this. I would like commercial black angus to raise for beef and to sell.

Don't have any idea where you are, but around here in Central Texas six months ago, a good commercial bred Black Angus heifer bought thru private treaty or a special replacment sale (not the weekly auction sale or a youth fair or show project), will cost you roughly $900 - $1100. Not sure what they will bring this fall. Good young bred cows have been running thru the weekly auction at about 550-600 a head.

MTZ Cattle":ycu1pdr7 said:
Ok so Im really new at this. I would like commercial black angus to raise for beef and to sell.
What kind of weights are you looking for?

1982vett":5ni3ho76 said:
Don't have any idea where you are, but around here in Central Texas six months ago, a good commercial bred Black Angus heifer bought thru private treaty or a special replacment sale (not the weekly auction sale or a youth fair or show project), will cost you roughly $900 - $1100. Not sure what they will bring this fall. Good young bred cows have been running thru the weekly auction at about 550-600 a head.

Guess I ought to add, with the 7+ inches of rain we had this weekend, I doubt these can be found anymore.

Latest posts