• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Angus Prices

MTZ Cattle

Reaction score
Im looking for black angus prices in California. I want to buy some heifers and would like to know what a fair price is. Please help.

Frankie

Reaction score
MTZ Cattle":2fdrtedz said:
Im looking for black angus prices in California. I want to buy some heifers and would like to know what a fair price is. Please help.

Are you looking for registered animals or commercial? Bred? Open? Show animals or performance animals?

1982vett

Reaction score
MTZ Cattle":2ladsovv said:
Think about it. The way you asked the question is no different than me asking what I should pay for a blue car.

MTZ Cattle

Reaction score
Ok so Im really new at this. I would like commercial black angus to raise for beef and to sell.

1982vett

Reaction score
Don't have any idea where you are, but around here in Central Texas six months ago, a good commercial bred Black Angus heifer bought thru private treaty or a special replacment sale (not the weekly auction sale or a youth fair or show project), will cost you roughly $900 - $1100. Not sure what they will bring this fall. Good young bred cows have been running thru the weekly auction at about 550-600 a head.

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
MTZ Cattle":ycu1pdr7 said:
Ok so Im really new at this. I would like commercial black angus to raise for beef and to sell.
What kind of weights are you looking for?

1982vett

Reaction score
1982vett":5ni3ho76 said:
Don't have any idea where you are, but around here in Central Texas six months ago, a good commercial bred Black Angus heifer bought thru private treaty or a special replacment sale (not the weekly auction sale or a youth fair or show project), will cost you roughly $900 - $1100. Not sure what they will bring this fall. Good young bred cows have been running thru the weekly auction at about 550-600 a head.

Guess I ought to add, with the 7+ inches of rain we had this weekend, I doubt these can be found anymore.

Latest posts