Angus Maternal sires

Help Support CattleToday:

I had imagined you lived in very flat country, I didn't realize you were near such beautiful scenery.
Thanks.
We are.
Grew up a little south of here. We came back home, "to die" I say.
Everyone and his dog is moving here. 😢 Too many people now.

You guys all AI ing to the same 12 bulls are going to breed yourselves into extinction eventually.
Yes, if that's all you do. But not if it's part of a three or four generation plan with an out cross in the 3rd generation.
Take the best angus females you can afford that are suited to your location. A. I. them to the best complementing Angus sire. Those daughters crossed with a Hereford or Simmental will create F1 females that will out perform in any situation. We use them for recipes, but crossed with the right terminal sire I'd put their offspring up against any other in the feedlot.

This seems like a good analysis. I just looked at the numbers, and SAV Final Ansewr 0035's heifer pregnancy in the 80th percentile worries me. Love his top 10 % maternal calving ease and feed efficiency . . .
Angus breeder with a forty year herd told me they tried some Final Answer. The FA heifers had a 78% conception rate in a controlled breeding season, live cover. Their lines had/have a 93% conception rate.

Latest posts