• Simmental

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • Herford

Votes: 34 55.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters
True Grit Farms":3s0satfi said:
CAB is a great marketing tool. But the Angus association is the leader of the pack, and all the other breeds are being left behind. DNA testing is a great up and coming thing for cattle. And is also being pushed hard by the Angus association. The best never rest.
Sim and Angus have about the best genetic research being done. You can find bull after bull of 50k's in both breeds.

Probably the reason they are selling for a pretty penny.

Tux, I'd like to see the rest of that hereford bull if you have another pic.

I'm on my cell..only getting front half..I will check him out on my tablet. Thanks

TT,
Which bull and cow is your bull out of? My 232 bull is out of Danny's 475. I like the looks of your bull as well. The baldie calves out of my 232 bull are much better and more gentle than the one Simmental bull I tried in the past. 232 is the first, but not the last Hereford bull that I will use.
Ron

R V":2mun97dl said:
TT,
Which bull and cow is your bull out of? My 232 bull is out of Danny's 475. I like the looks of your bull as well. The baldie calves out of my 232 bull are much better and more gentle than the one Simmental bull I tried in the past. 232 is the first, but not the last Hereford bull that I will use.
Ron

I'm not sure Ron, the bull's papers are at the farm. Ive been very pleased with this fella and plan to buy another one from Danny next time. If I can remember I'll pull them and post the results.

TennesseeTuxedo":3eftzbze said:
R V":3eftzbze said:
TT,
Ron

I'm not sure Ron, the bull's papers are at the farm. Ive been very pleased with this fella and plan to buy another one from Danny next time. If I can remember I'll pull them and post the results.

Thanks - I am looking forward to seeing it + I guess I should be more specific on the Hereford bulls. I plan on using more of Danny's bulls and just got home with my second one this past Saturday.

RV,
TT's bull is a 475 son also, out of cow 856 a 343 daughter. TT, RV purchased the 960 herd sire pictured below.

960 is quite the bull and I am looking forward to using him and looking forward to his daughters even more. He has settled in nicely to his new home.
Thanks again Danny!

mrvictordomino":re9bvlhb said:
RV,
TT's bull is a 475 son also, out of cow 856 a 343 daughter. TT, RV purchased the 960 herd sire pictured below.
I remember seeing this bull on a previous post last fall. An impressive fellow indeed!

Stoutest and growthiest calves we ever raised were herford sired calves out of straight angus. Unreal growth

Rniemann":1ne74jmb said:
Stoutest and growthiest calves we ever raised were herford sired calves out of straight angus. Unreal growth

I'm getting my best results with an Angus bull over my Hereford cows but my Hereford bull over the Angus cows doesn't disappoint at all. The difference might be due to the environment. The Angus x Hereford bunch are at the home place and they get better feed and a much easier terrain to navigate.

I have been surprised and pleased with the F1 growth with Danny's Hereford bulls. I have only used Hereford crossed on other breeds and have not used Angus on Hereford yet.

Latest posts