Angus/Hereford crosses

Help Support CattleToday:

bootsie

Reaction score
Does crossing Angus and Hereford make really good beef? We are going to get a couple of cows for beef for our personal use. I thought I had wanted to go with Brangus cows but I just found out that a friend through a friend has a few Angus/Hereford's for sale possibly at a good price.

To get really good beef should I stay with the Brangus or go a head and check out these cows? Or is it mostly the way you feed them?
Do you have an idea what these types of cows would be going for price wise?

My friend says she has:
2 yr old full Angus heifer (she's a little thin friend says she is nursing 2 calves)
2 girl calves both Angus/Hereford only a couple of weeks old (they are not twins)
and a steer Angus/Hereford not sure how old or big.

Thank for any advice!

Yes Sir, the best cross breed in the world is the Angus X Hereford cross. Got some really good Hereford bulls for sale if interested? Mature and registered. :cboy:

Thanks, When I go look at them is there anything that I should look for?
And how can I tell that they are Angus & the crosses? Cuz you could show me any old black or red cow and tell me it's an Angus and I wouldn't know any better. :roll:

bootsie":3hl75hlz said:
Thanks, When I go look at them is there anything that I should look for?
And how can I tell that they are Angus & the crosses? Cuz you could show me any old black or red cow and tell me it's an Angus and I wouldn't know any better. :roll:
If you can't trust your friend, she isn't your friend.

The person with the cows is a friend of a friend. And I believe they didn't get into cows not long ago so do they know much about cows I don't know.

I know horses not cows. I want to be sure. And know as much about the breed as possible before I buy.

With beef quality being your primary consideration, your safest bet by far is the Hereford/Angus cross, commonly known as the "black baldie." Brahman influence, while adding disease and insect resistance, is not noted for improving beef quality. Brangus are 3/8 Brahman.