Angus heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah, I say we calve on frozen ground - but - we have been full mud - errr. Went down to teens yesterday am and froze top layer, but warming back up to 40's. No white Christmas this year - rain probably. And that is extremely unusual.

Just about all we get is mud anymore. We flirt with that freezing mark all winter so it's as cold a mud as can be.

Used to you could count on a frozen February, lots of calves born then, but many have backed up to March-May to at least get some warmer temps.

You sound like my cousin, who's die hard Simmental. He doesn't like the Angus look either lol! BC Lookout being the exception.
I remember when s illinois had snow on the ground for a couple of months...until everyone started raising cattle and caused global warming 😫

I remember when s illinois had snow on the ground for a couple of months...until everyone started raising cattle and caused global warming 😫
I wonder how bad global warming was before the white man wiped out bison and herds stretched across the plains as far as the eye could see, and everyone had oxen in addition to cattle. Must have been terribly hot back then.

I wonder how bad global warming was before the white man wiped out bison and herds stretched across the plains as far as the eye could see, and everyone had oxen in addition to cattle. Must have been terribly hot back then.
They just didn't have idiots running the country then..

He and his son are still in business. I believe his son is into SimAngus.
Are you talking about Bill Conley (BC Angus) from Clarksdale, MO? His son Kyle raises Angus in Oklahoma..Conley Cattle Company. He has been running the Angus Shows with bulls and now his son is showing in Junior Show. He does do a handful of Sim-Angus, I think to get some extra buyers.

Yup, that's them. Kyle used a heifer of mine for Grand Champion, then bought her & hauled her back to Mo. (PB Simmental). Bill has judged my cattle many different times. He likes my kind of cattle - they are the kind he raises.

Really growing nice! Looks like he is sucking some weight off MOM.
He has. I need to move them out of this little pasture to better grass but I'm short on fence. Been waiting on a survey to build something permanent. Hot wire will keep the cows in but these calves are a little athletic and I'm afraid they'd bail right over the top. I'll wean shortly anyway. Probably mid October.

Latest posts