Angus embryo prices

Help Support CattleToday:

OhioRiver

Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight on higher EPD dam embryo prices from a flush?

Can you get good value and a deal at times or what?

How much would an embryologist cost to administer the ET?

How many out of 5 would take once bought and put together with high $B bulls?

OhioRiver":606fsind said:
Does anyone have any insight on higher EPD dam embryo prices from a flush?

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=n ... us+embryos

This is the results of a Google search for "Angus embryos."

Can you get good value and a deal at times or what?

Sure. You just have to decide what makes a "good value and a deal". What works for you might not be a good buy for someone else. You have to know what you want to do before you can recognize a "good deal."

How much would an embryologist cost to administer the ET?

These guys do it. Their prices might be online.

http://www.reproductionenterprises.com/

How many out of 5 would take once bought and put together with high $B bulls?

The EPDs of the bull or cow won't make a difference in how many embryos take. Were they harvested and handled properly? Are they frozen or fresh? Is the person doing the work competent and experienced? Was the donor cow in good condition? Are the recip cows fertile and in good condition?

OhioRiver":2pdhhbp2 said:
If a man were to take AI and ET classes could he charge other farmers a small fee to help them.

Sure he could, if he could find anyone that wanted the services. That's the catch!

Ohio,

I went to the Tennessee River Music LLC Angus sale this past weekend at Randy Owen's place in Fort Payne AL.

I watched the following embryos or flushes being sold at the sale -

Price $5000 = 5 Frozen Embryos from GAR Predestined & Wellington Forever Lady 66W2.

Price $3200 = 4 Frozen Embryos from BC Marathon 7022 & Three Trees Everelda 1463

Price $1400 = 4 Frozen Embryos from SAV 8180 Traveler 004 & Three Trees Everelda 1463

Price $1400 = 4 Frozen Embryos from BC Matrix 4132 & Alberda Queen Kimberly 111

Price $5000 = Future Flush of 6 Frozen Embryos from bull of buyer's choice & FV Barbaramere Jet 0162 from the Sitz Angus Farm in Harrison MT. FV Barbaramere Jet 0162 is from the same dam who produced Sitz Alliance 6595 who is Genex's Masterpiece Sire referred to as the "Cowmaker".

I purchased the last lot described above. Since the flush will not happen for several months, I have time to decide which bull or bulls I want to use. I will have the embryos placed in some nice receipts and maybe, just maybe, get a nice return on my investment.

If you are going to do embryo transfers, you will need to be on the leading edge of the current names in the Angus breed who are sought after and in demand. The more interest in what you have, the more you can market the embryos.

Hope this helps.

that is interesting........is Wellington Forever Lady 66W2 that good or is the GAR Predestined bull semen that sought after?

Nowland Farms":yqg7nt5k said:
Ohio,

I went to the Tennessee River Music LLC Angus sale this past weekend at Randy Owen's place in Fort Payne AL.

I watched the following embryos or flushes being sold at the sale -

Price $5000 = 5 Frozen Embryos from GAR Predestined & Wellington Forever Lady 66W2.

Price $3200 = 4 Frozen Embryos from BC Marathon 7022 & Three Trees Everelda 1463

Price $1400 = 4 Frozen Embryos from SAV 8180 Traveler 004 & Three Trees Everelda 1463

Price $1400 = 4 Frozen Embryos from BC Matrix 4132 & Alberda Queen Kimberly 111

Price $5000 = Future Flush of 6 Frozen Embryos from bull of buyer's choice & FV Barbaramere Jet 0162 from the Sitz Angus Farm in Harrison MT. FV Barbaramere Jet 0162 is from the same dam who produced Sitz Alliance 6595 who is Genex's Masterpiece Sire referred to as the "Cowmaker".

I purchased the last lot described above. Since the flush will not happen for several months, I have time to decide which bull or bulls I want to use. I will have the embryos placed in some nice receipts and maybe, just maybe, get a nice return on my investment.

If you are going to do embryo transfers, you will need to be on the leading edge of the current names in the Angus breed who are sought after and in demand. The more interest in what you have, the more you can market the embryos.

Hope this helps.

I did not bid on the set of 5 embryos because I didn't like the mating with GAR Predestined. I did like the Forever Lady 66W2 side and would have been more likely to bid on this lot had there been a different bull.

Please tell me why Predestined did not fit what you want?

Nowland Farms":1qz231bq said:
I did not bid on the set of 5 embryos because I didn't like the mating with GAR Predestined. I did like the Forever Lady 66W2 side and would have been more likely to bid on this lot had there been a different bull.

Latest posts