Angus-dairy crosses

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I'm raising six bottle calves, four are jersey/angus crosses, the other two are Holstein/angus crosses. I was wondering if them being angus crosses if they're meat will be better quality the a pure Holstein or Jersey.. and if they will put on weight easier?
Thank you!

They'll gain better. I wouldn't necessarily say the meat would be better. Larger curts maybe.

The jersey will help the angus on marbling but they won't gain very fast. The holsteins should grow like weeds and eat decent but don't keep any daughters unless you want to feed constantly.

cow pollinater":120s8jer said:
The jersey will help the angus on marbling but they won't gain very fast. The holsteins should grow like weeds and eat decent but don't keep any daughters unless you want to feed constantly.
They're all steers... I was going to get a heifer or two but I decided to wait and save up for a beef cow if I'm going to raise calves from it..

If they are heifers they will all make great milk fed veal mother. Get them in with a limo or char and you will have great calves for the butcher.