Angus/Charolais X

Help Support CattleToday:

I was wrong about the price...............

Time Magazine:

BUM STEER
Mar. 13, 1972
The overall grand champion of this year's prestigious National Western Stock Show in Denver was a gleaming 1,200-lb. Aberdeen Angus steer named Big Mac. His name alone was enough to attract the owners of a group of McDonald's hamburger franchises around Denver. They paid $14,250 for the black steer, planning to use him to promote the McDonald's superburger also known as Big Mac.It is now a local joke among Denver cattlemen that the steer should have been named after a rival chain's hamburger, the Whopper. It seems that Big Mac may actually be a white Charolais steer named Jeep.

Andrew,
It might be a good idea to check around and see what grey hided calves will bring in your area. Your a little ways northeast of me but, unless things have changed recently, grey calves get docked pretty good around here. It's a shame since I've had a few gey calves that were really nice but came in dead last in price compared to blacks and dunns.

i think i would stick with the brangus bull andrew. and get some hereford cows.

i wouldnt go all the way from texas to canada to get a funny colored charolais though. but to each his own.

I think would depend on if your bull is homozygous (sp?) black. I saw about six calves out of charx cows this spring from my brangus bull and all were black. I'll have to ask the guy if all 20 of them are. I've been wanting to go over to see them anyways.

My charx cow has a black calf as well.

Latest posts