Angus calf pink eye won't subsize

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Tried all the powders,& sprays. Has anyone had sucess with the patches? Plus open to all ideas! How long can it continue & what are the serious affects of going on too long?
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

> Tried all the powders,&
> sprays. Has anyone had sucess with
> the patches? Plus open to all
> ideas! How long can it continue
> & what are the serious affects
> of going on too long?

Heidi, Try LA 200 according to label directions. One injection is usually good for 3 days. An ole treatment that an old rancher told me that works, (I tried it several times with success on those hard to cure cases) is inject 10 cc of evaporated milk under the skin. This supposedly causes an immune system response. I have also given neomycin injections along with LA 200. You are aware that the cloudy spot may never entirely go away? May take a week or two to see a noticeable difference rather than a few days with those easier cases. Also makes a difference how quickly following initial infection you treated the problem. good luck

[email protected]

Use penicillin and put it right into the inner eyelid. Thats what we did and it worked great. Use a really small needle, I think we put 3cc's into the eye. Then leave it for 3 days and if its still watering do the same thing again and put a patch over the eye. If the eye has stopped watering already it is too late.