Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATB

Reaction score
Quoted from COW-CALF WEEKLY newsletter.

Our Perspective
Hamburger Chains Embrace Beef's Branding Revolution
Marketing is all about differentiation, and the focus right now is on Angus. Carl's Jr. restaurant chain introduced its Angus burger this week and Burger King plans to offer an Angus burger this spring. The Hardee's, Krystal and Back Yards Burgers restaurant chains also went this direction earlier.

Such burgers cost more, but sales for the more expensive burgers have been growing at more than twice the rate of burger sales in general. Purists will point out that it's more about perception than reality, but according to an article in USA Today this week, a consumer poll shows consumers prefer the term "Black Angus" beef to ground beef by a margin of 11-to-1.

The point isn't that the trend right now is for Angus ground beef but that sales are more than justifying the move to developing brand equity, even in the hamburger business.
-- Troy Marshall

Maybe these Burger places have those LESS KNOWLEDGEABLE buyers buying for them also.

I don't know if any of you have tried one of the Carl's Jr/Hardees Thickburgers, but this is the best fast food hamburger I have ever tasted! By far. :nod:

My parents even love the bunless version wrapped in lettuce for their Atkin's diet.

The AHA has not got them promoted yet.
ANGUS are the leaders.
Just joking; the AHA now is promoting CHB. That is one reason that Campground Cattle is seeing the increase on the Hereford prices.

Just hope that these fast food chains have sense enough to make sure what they are selling is really Angus.

Ellie May":1sxds27r said:
Yeah I know. They have to mark them or else hey you can't tell the meat apart.
Ellie May
I don't know if any of you have tried one of the Carl's Jr/Hardees Thickburgers, but this is the best fast food hamburger I have ever tasted! By far.

I am quoting Will's from Central Texas' post.
According to him, a person can tell the meat apart.

if you so called cattle men realy think that is all black angus meat in these burgers,it just proves you dont no jack sh--@#$#@ about the beef buisnes! cab is not pure angus beef ether.it just another angus scamm!i can see non cattle people falling for this scamm but real cowmen no better.~~~~~~~~~~~~Tc

when most grosrey shoppers read a label that says cert-angus beef or a sign that says black angus bugers they think there buying pure angus meat. it a scamm. its faults advertisment. it should be labeld cbhb certifited black hide beef.~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tc buy the way, someone else said this on here before"BLACK HIDE DOES NOT GRADE" an thats the truth~~~~~~~~Tc

Tc":vwoi4q1a said:
when most grosrey shoppers read a label that says cert-angus beef or a sign that says black angus bugers they think there buying pure angus meat. it a scamm. its faults advertisment. it should be labeld cbhb certifited black hide beef.~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tc buy the way, someone else said this on here before"BLACK HIDE DOES NOT GRADE" an thats the truth~~~~~~~~Tc

Are you a mind reader? Do you think you're so much smarter than everyone else? If you don't think "black angus burgers" are pure angus meat, why would you think everyone else is dumb enough to think so? Anyone can call their beef "angus" or "jersey" or "longhorn" or "tender" or "better" or "best." Unless it's a USDA certified program, it's just a name. Like Motel 6 where a single room is now about $30. Is that a scam, too? Should they be required to change the motel name to Motel 30?

Frankie":3beecjpz said:
Tc":3beecjpz said:

Are you a mind reader? Do you think you're so much smarter than everyone else? If you don't think "black angus burgers" are pure angus meat, why would you think everyone else is dumb enough to think so? Anyone can call their beef "angus" or "jersey" or "longhorn" or "tender" or "better" or "best." Unless it's a USDA certified program, it's just a name. Like Motel 6 where a single room is now about $30. Is that a scam, too? Should they be required to change the motel name to Motel 30?
Thanks Frankie. You are much smoother in telling a person off and where to go than I am.

I'm with Frankie also, I'm sick of the Angus name being wrong because they've done a good job of advertising and marketing. Just because something is doing well or sucessfull doesn't mean it's a scam.

Not really a scam, closer to outright fraud. A willfull attempt to deceive the purchaser. Really is good that the fast food outfits are involved, just speeds up the time before the CAB fraud is shut down. I expect a class action suit to be filed sometime later this year.

Of course the bottom feeder fraternity doesn't require valid reasons to bring lawsuits, but do you suppose there will be one against Ford, Dodge, Chevy etc. for bring assembled, in the most part, in the US but not being made from american parts?

dun

John S.":3rya1xsp said:
Not really a scam, closer to outright fraud. A willfull attempt to deceive the purchaser. Really is good that the fast food outfits are involved, just speeds up the time before the CAB fraud is shut down. I expect a class action suit to be filed sometime later this year.

I've said before most are jealous of the Angus association they have done a better job than the others. Angus are quality cattle that have a good marketing program behind them. Now I not going to raise Angus I like Herefords, but Hats off to these guys. I say again quit whinning about the Angus cattleman and improve your herd so you can compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts