ANGUS burgers

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
la4angus":34at3oc3 said:
Well said.
I will support CHB. We always have the mongrels like Tc.and John S. The cattle industry would be better without this kind. Do a better job of producing quality beef and if you can' t do it do not be jealous of the ones that can.

Frankie & Dun & D.R. Cattle & Campground Cattle;who I would like to call my friend, your turn now.

Some people can't see out of their pasture were in the 21st century, sound principles for raising cattle will never change. But marketing has with the telecommunications the breeds that market better are going to be more successful. Perception is reality

Tc":1rnqt65p said:
i dont think ive seen a ford truck advertised as a dodge or chevy.ive seen blacklonghorn blackherferd blacksim blacklim blackhines57 go cab.some not having a 64th angus blood.now tell me why this ant a scamm.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tc i dont guess hardyes an all the other ones can use red angus cause they serve "BLACK ANGUS BURGERS" give me a freaking break!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tc
Where did this whatever come from. Hopefully not from the US of A.

John S.":1q18ok8p said:
Not really a scam, closer to outright fraud. A willfull attempt to deceive the purchaser. Really is good that the fast food outfits are involved, just speeds up the time before the CAB fraud is shut down. I expect a class action suit to be filed sometime later this year.

Aw, John. Does this mean you finally put your money where your mouth is and filed a lawsuit? Good for you. But expect to lose because there is no fraud. The requirements for CAB have been approved by the USDA. No where in those requirements does it say the animal has to have a drop of Angus blood. It says the animal must be 51% or more black. The fast food outlets are not saying they're selling CAB, they're calling it "Angus" beef. Maybe that's Red Angus. Gonna sue them, too?

Tc":3uuvk8uf said:
i dont think ive seen a ford truck advertised as a dodge or chevy.ive seen blacklonghorn blackherferd blacksim blacklim blackhines57 go cab.some not having a 64th angus blood.now tell me why this ant a scamm.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tc i dont guess hardyes an all the other ones can use red angus cause they serve "BLACK ANGUS BURGERS" give me a freaking break!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tc

It "ant" a scam because the requirements for CAB only require the animal be at least 51% black, grade midchoice or better, YG 3 or better, and exhibit no dairy or Brahman influence. Those are the USDA requirements. There's not a word in those requirements for a drop of Angus blood. But where does the black come from? Angus. As long as the animal meets those requirements, it can be certified as CAB and it's not a "scamm." Very simple. I am continually impressed with the American Angus Association in putting together such a simple, yet effective program.

Will":1chl9y0b said:
I don't know if any of you have tried one of the Carl's Jr/Hardees Thickburgers, but this is the best fast food hamburger I have ever tasted! By far. :nod:

My parents even love the bunless version wrapped in lettuce for their
Atkin's diet.

I have eaten Sonic's lately and think they are the best ones sold by a fast food burger chain

Oh great just what the public needs.....fat kids getting fatter off Angus burgers....the burgers are fatty enough. Actually most of these fast food joints meat products are not from the US, they are from places like South America where the farmers lives off nickels and pennies and lives in shanty houses to raise cattle for the great multimillinare fast food joints. Guess serfdom still exists in our society! In other note, isn't the point to fast food joints to cook their food as fast as they can? Angus burgers are noted to cook longer because the large amount of fat!!!! Lean beef cooks half the time as CAB products........ANNNNNNND still be tender, delicious, and tummy yummy good. Sounds like the fast food joints are getting desparate that they are willing to buy CAB burgers!!!!!!! geeezzz........ what next? goat burgers? LOL!

PS Sonic cooks fresh (as I mean fresh not the frozen fresh kinds) hamburgers... Their hamburgers are from mixture blend from the local butchering place. Sonic is the only intelligent fast food joint in the world... Hooray for them!

Oregonian do you have any idea what happens when beef is ground for hamburger? To do it properly, well marbled beef is simply ground and has the right mixture of fat already in it for consistency. Lean beef has added fat which butchers reserve from other portions of the carcass (trimmings). That being said it is difficult to label any breed of beef utilized for hamburger as "lean' of "fatty". Any given restaraunt or food chain has a recipe for how much fat they want or do not want, and obviously it stays fairly consistent so the taste and texture remain consistent. When you go to McDonalds do you think any memeber of the company can tell you which breed their hamburgers come from? The only way to do that is to get a list of every breed of cattle and read it. For those that prefer lean, you'll probably have to stay away from hamburger all together and buy higher quality cuts labeled lean.

Status
Not open for further replies.