Angus Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

vclavin":d2akqr3q said:
Caustic Burno":d2akqr3q said:
Calman":d2akqr3q said:
The only way you could have a bull-proof fence,is if you could get an experienced escape artist angus bull to draw you up a set of plans.Just yesterday I cemented four iron pipe in the ground for a gate.I was planning on welding my cross braces this morning and hang the gate.Meanwhile after I pulled out of the pasture the cows decided the new posts would make a good rub.When I arived with the welding trailer today the cement had set alright but 3 of the posts were leaning in 3 different directions.Had to go back and get the tractor with the FL and pull them out and start over,that is after I moved the cows.

You know the old saying if you want an Angus in your pasture drop him off two neighbors over.
Really? I don't have any neighbors with cattle, so when mine get out, they just wait at the gate to be let back in. lol
Valerie

If you had neighbors, you wouldn't even have to buy an angus bull. Of course, the one breeding your heifers too young and breeding all your cows would be the sorriest looking bull you ever saw. Well, a step above Demetrious maybe.

Unless them fences were ten feet high
angus_bull.JPG

this boy can jump them without catching a toe.

When they were leaving, his brother - I had to put a new, higher rail on the loading yards and a hotwire on top of that and even so... we only got him on the truck because that hot wire caught him across the shoulders and he didn't know whether to go up or down.

vclavin":2yhl1vp2 said:
Caustic Burno":2yhl1vp2 said:
Calman":2yhl1vp2 said:
The only way you could have a bull-proof fence,is if you could get an experienced escape artist angus bull to draw you up a set of plans.Just yesterday I cemented four iron pipe in the ground for a gate.I was planning on welding my cross braces this morning and hang the gate.Meanwhile after I pulled out of the pasture the cows decided the new posts would make a good rub.When I arived with the welding trailer today the cement had set alright but 3 of the posts were leaning in 3 different directions.Had to go back and get the tractor with the FL and pull them out and start over,that is after I moved the cows.

You know the old saying if you want an Angus in your pasture drop him off two neighbors over.
Really? I don't have any neighbors with cattle, so when mine get out, they just wait at the gate to be let back in. lol
Valerie

If you had neighbors, you wouldn't even have to buy an angus bull. Of course, the one breeding your heifers too young and breeding all your cows would be the sorriest looking bull you ever saw. Well, a step above Demetrious maybe.[/quote]
Guess if they do, I'll have to make sure I sell them good bulls... you know, to use on their cows and my cows LOL
Valerie

Latest posts