Angus bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

LJCB

Reaction score
I've been searching for a bigger framed bull (6 or better) I've had alittle trouble. Figured some on here have seen or used a lot more bulls that could point me in the right direction .
Thanks in advance

That info is surprisingly difficult to find. Just look at the MH EPD right? haha.

I see that Universal sometimes has some height info on sires: https://www.universalsemensales.com/node/14366

There is an AI Sires Facebook message board that tends to get a lot of traffic. I know there are some threads talking about larger framed bulls.

You talking about buying a bull or A I?
Some stud books give you a frame score, YH is yearling height. Looks like average is +.5 stay bigger.
Wmr Timeless will add some height

bse said:
Some stud books give you a frame score, YH is yearling height. Looks like average is +.5 stay bigger.

Purely AI. Need to add some height and length to some cattle

https://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl.aspx?aid=FAAAAMEqPh9wM%2bHumpv1BFnWEJz0kN55AHEA25VKg0Oz3xqX&time=LgAAAPy0AQVGupjiYJNhpHFC%2b0VJwyW%2fWGxZbHu5Nv048FP2AlcPv1mbGzTOGYEeW%2f0uBQ%3d%3d

Here is what I'm using to try and add some size.

Are you dead set on angus?

Yeah I've been going towards seedstock for awhile now. Still have quite a few commercial cows that I've been considering using Simmental on.

Musgrave 316 Exclusive. 6.2 Frame, top 25% YH, top 10% MH. I believe he is $20 conv., $40 sorted. We just started using him, just last week put a sorted straw in our Henrietta cow. Get a hold of Kyle Wake or Danny Beckman at ST in your area

Have a look at Bruns Blaster, he is owned by Musgrave Angus. He has length x breadth x height. The calves grow like weeds and keep going even after weaning. I am using a son for cleanup this year and have a couple of daughters that I inseminated a couple of months ago. The two heifers were out of smallish cows and he has added overall size to them.

Ken

If you are truly wanting to add size try Oneills Expedition, Oneills Adventure. Two brothers proven to add frame, length and scale to progeny. Biggest cattle I ever raised. They will absolutely grow.

torogmc81 said:
Musgrave 316 Exclusive. 6.2 Frame, top 25% YH, top 10% MH. I believe he is $20 conv., $40 sorted. We just started using him, just last week put a sorted straw in our Henrietta cow. Get a hold of Kyle Wake or Danny Beckman at ST in your area

Yeah they told me about Exclusive. Looked up his epd's and he fits as well as any bull I've found but what held me up was that he only had 5 BW submitted and 1 WW as a 4 year old bull

I think they bought him back from who they sold him to but it just seems like there should be more calves reported if they are going push him.

bse said:
Timeless definitely added some height and frame, but I was disappointed in how a couple of his steers finished. Just butchered them and carcass hanging weights were surprisingly light compared to the others and they lacked muscle thickness given their overall frame.

Luckiamute said:
bse said:
Timeless definitely added some height and frame, but I was disappointed in how a couple of his steers finished. Just butchered them and carcass hanging weights were surprisingly light compared to the others and they lacked muscle thickness given their overall frame.
Good info, havent butchered any myself, I have cows outta him, a few commercials I use as recips, great mommas. Mostly 6 yr olds, udders an feet are still great.