Angus bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Gators Rule

Reaction score
It's been a long time (40+ years) since we've had an angus bull roaming our pastures. Some of you know I recently bought a 9 month old angus bull calf, and I know angus bulls have a rep for being aggressive breeders, and early maturing. It is a hoot to watch this little fellow hustling behind one of my Simmental or limousin cross cows...and dodging the much larger Simmental bulls. He's a smallish bull, but very athletic. I had one cow left that calved about a month ago, and she came into heat over the weekend. The small bull literally drove the cows and bulls crazy with his teenage antics. One larger bull would have to stand guard while the other kept the little man away. What they don't know is that their days are numbered, and the little man is probably going to replace one of them, so he's just practicing.

Wait till he's older,, then the real fighting begins..they love to fight and breed at the same time...all they need is a keg of bud to top it off..

Sounds like he has a name that is gonna stick. Hopefully Little Man will turn out to be what you were aiming for. You might get really surprised and find out he gets one of them bred before he hits a year old. One thing we breed for is maternal and maternal tend to have bull calves with a very healthy libido. How are the heifers holding up in your environment?

Gizmom

Hi mom

gizmom":6xfdam4o said:
Sounds like he has a name that is gonna stick. Hopefully Little Man will turn out to be what you were aiming for. You might get really surprised and find out he gets one of them bred before he hits a year old. One thing we breed for is maternal and maternal tend to have bull calves with a very healthy libido. How are the heifers holding up in your environment?

Gizmom

Hi mom

Thankfully, we are getting rain almost daily, and grass is growing. You would think I was supplementing with feed, but they haven't seen a single feed bucket. They are still fat and sassy and they joined the main herd right away. My one remaining huge simmy cow took them under her wing for some reason. I haven't figured that one out yet.

Latest posts