Angus Bulls To Reduce Frame Size

Help Support CattleToday:

As far as I know, EXT is also in the bottom 10% for docility? Are you going to argue he isn't maternal?
Hoover Dam doesn't have a good HP, but yet his daughters sure seem fertile to me.
As far as CEM, breed him to something with a good CED and CEM if that's a concern.
Numbers are just a tool.
In my mind, if you're going to argue Coleman bulls aren't maternal, your credibility is shot.
You can keep EXT. He might be maternal in your mind but he is a danger in my mind. I do not want ill tempered cows. He was used as a fixer bull and did well with that but temperament and SC were not his strong suits. If I had owned him he would have been culled.

I wonder why all of those Angus breeders turned in the wrong data on thousands of calves to make the highly accurate EPDs to be wrong? 😳 Maternal must have a double meaning.

I really EPD's are just numbers but whenever a bull has as many progeny as Charlo does there has to be a lot of people coming up with open heifers out of him.

EPD's don't mean much to me on a young bull. I think whenever you get data on thousands of calves a guy should pay some attention to it.