Angus bull 6 legs

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevy

Reaction score
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/grd/d/lebanon-angus-bull-with-6-legs/7024837558.html

I don't even know about all that.... 🤷🏽‍♀️

That is most likely a case of Developmental Duplication. If that is a purebred animal from known to be carrier of DD then he is the result of an irresponsible mating. It could've that the parent stock were acquired as commercial and the history not known. Either way that bull should have been made a steer.

Predestined was a carrier, I used a son from him...still have daughters from him..the report came out after the fact,,,he sired some dandies ..but now I gotta be careful on future bull selections ..

ALACOWMAN said:
Predestined was a carrier, I used a son from him...still have daughters from him..the report came out after the fact,,,he sired some dandies ..but now I gotta be careful on future bull selections ..

I have used the New Design/Predestined bred bulls pretty heavy, really liked the calves from a standpoint of growth and marketable feeder calves. I'm like you are, I have to be careful and make sure that I don't use any DDC bulls.

Aside from that I'd like to have another one like him in the future...he went above and beyond what I was expecting to get..he marked his calves ....maybe a little to much though.. :cowboy:I'm betting the breeder of the defect bull never heard of DD and kept the bull because it was "is"" a freak..

They need to kill him, eat the burger, and sell the taxidermied head to someone will to pay big bucks. I've seen some oddities like that go for big bucks.