Angus Bloodlines

Help Support CattleToday:

Traveler- moderate to small frame, moderate carcass, moderate growth, easy fleshing, GREAT females( shown through Ohlde type cows), fertility questioned in some cases, consistent

Emulous(EXT- moderate to large frame, don't personally know about carcass, lots of lengthh, good feedlot performance, well uddered females, fertile, consistent

Wye- small to moderate frame, mediocre growth, I hear good carcass, easy keeping, quality females,consistent

New Tred/New Design- large frame, high growth, moderate to hard keepers, good length, top notch carcass, supposed Holstein/Brown Swiss, inconsistent

there are more I could go into but these are the most prevailant bloodlines as of right now in the last few generations in the pedigrees. My preference is to the Traveler cattle and to the DOCILE Emulous cattle. After working around and seeing so many New Trend/ New Design bulls at work they have lost most good impression they have on me simply because they seem to melt when compared to the 6807 and EXT bulls.

Jake":ihma4j4b said:
Traveler- moderate to small frame, moderate carcass, moderate growth, easy fleshing, GREAT females( shown through Ohlde type cows), fertility questioned in some cases, consistent

Emulous(EXT- moderate to large frame, don't personally know about carcass, lots of lengthh, good feedlot performance, well uddered females, fertile, consistent

Wye- small to moderate frame, mediocre growth, I hear good carcass, easy keeping, quality females,consistent

New Tred/New Design- large frame, high growth, moderate to hard keepers, good length, top notch carcass, supposed Holstein/Brown Swiss, inconsistent

there are more I could go into but these are the most prevailant bloodlines as of right now in the last few generations in the pedigrees. My preference is to the Traveler cattle and to the DOCILE Emulous cattle. After working around and seeing so many New Trend/ New Design bulls at work they have lost most good impression they have on me simply because they seem to melt when compared to the 6807 and EXT bulls.
Thank you very much! This is the sort of setup I was looking for. Thanks again for all of the responses.

Jay

Blood lines are established by those breeders that practice line breeding and have been doing so for some time. Graham Angus, Albany, GA is an example.

I am looking for breeders that have been using breeding from Graham Angus, Albany GA. Due to deaths in the family and change of operation and considering the large number of cows they have and good calf prices, they are going strictly commercial. This important gene pool from line breeding for many years needs to be preserved. I have been doing so for 12 years but I may need other sources of Graham genetics. Please contact me at [email protected].