Angus Bloodline Super X

Help Support CattleToday:

BA":79pzihlo said:
Anyone know the strengths or weakness of this line of cattle?

You might give us his full name or registration number? That would help.

Frankie":2p6kvvih said:
BA":2p6kvvih said:
Anyone know the strengths or weakness of this line of cattle?

You might give us his full name or registration number? That would help.
Right you are Frankie. I have never heard of this line, if there is actually one.

The line does exist! #12923633 McBee WMR Super X 745 - I have a grand daughter of the bull and she is a top heifer. The line originates in the Jorgenson herd in South Dakota. The bull has been at Genex for years as an outcross bull.

BA":8xvbyi5q said:
The line does exist! #12923633 McBee WMR Super X 745 - I have a grand daughter of the bull and she is a top heifer. The line originates in the Jorgenson herd in South Dakota. The bull has been at Genex for years as an outcross bull.
I hate to bust your bubble, but the bloodlines that you think you are referring to are not bloodlines at all. They go to Rito, and Bandolier.
A name and bloodline are 2 different things. Bandolier is a bloodline, Super X is a name.

Jovid":lece9tks said:
Couldn't a name and a bloodline be the same? :?:
They can be but don't have to be. The Super X is Not a Bloodline. It is a name. Bandolier is a Bloodline, although it can also be part of a name.

There are four or five generations of bulls with the "name" Super X. I am aware that he goes back to other cattle. Didn't mean to offend anyone. Was just trying to get additional info. on bulls going back to Super X. The ones I've seen were at Quirk (Bull R&L Super X 004). His epd's are below par, but very maternal, easy fleshing cattle.

Question - Since Traveler went back to Band, is it wrong to say I have the Traveler bloodline???

BA":25c0m2p0 said:
There are four or five generations of bulls with the "name" Super X. I am aware that he goes back to other cattle. Didn't mean to offend anyone. Was just trying to get additional info. on bulls going back to Super X. The ones I've seen were at Quirk (Bull R&L Super X 004). His epd's are below par, but very maternal, easy fleshing cattle.

Question - Since Traveler went back to Band, is it wrong to say I have the Traveler bloodline???
The bloodline is Bandolier. Not Traveler.

Probably 95% of the people are wrong and would call it Traveler - I'm not the only one!

BA":1p21dsyb said:
Probably 95% of the people are wrong and would call it Traveler - I'm not the only one!
In that case 95% of the people are wrong. Not my fault.

BA":xm3tecql said:
His epd's are below par, but very maternal, easy fleshing cattle.
i wouldnt say they are below par. he just is better at some things than others.

with a +51 for WW, he is at least in the top 10% if not top 5% for WW. $W is pretty good if you are selling feeder calves.$EN is pretty good if you are looking for an easy keeper. for those looking to breed mature cows for growth and not have a big feed bill on the retained daughters, he might be a good choice as far as the numbers go. Reality could tell a very different story.

la4angus":3ivx7lfz said:
BA":3ivx7lfz said:

The bloodline is Bandolier. Not Traveler.

la:
you crack me up. i get spun up as easy as anybody... but maybe you are better at it than me. :D

la4, you must have alotta friends and not enough enemies, cause ya don't seem ta think twice about making more of the latter.

In 20 years time, this 'Super X' bull - whatever the heck he is - could have a legacy like Bandolier, and people will be calling 'Super X' a historic bloodline. Maybe, maybe not. But to pick an argument about what is or ain't a line or name, good lord, get a hobby.

I was just trying to get some information and knowledge from someone else, didn't mean to disrespect the bloodline fairy. Pretty childish IMO!

purecountry":1eawoswb said:
But to pick an argument about what is or ain't a line or name, good lord, get a hobby.
Not trying to pick an argument. Just stating a fact. There is a big difference in a bloodline and a name.

la4angus,
Not to change the topic, but what percentage of the Hoff bull do you own and do you have any possession rights.

ccc":mbmogubb said:
la4angus,
Not to change the topic, but what percentage of the Hoff bull do you own and do you have any possession rights.
No possession. I wouldn't want him in this hot humid country ridden with the mosquitoes and other insects. Francis has possession. A little over 11%.