Angus Beef?

Help Support CattleToday:

Sawgum

Reaction score
It seems most advertisments I have seen lately have been "We serve Angus beef " Where does the rest go, such as what I raise? I know it is of good quality, I use quality Angus bulls, but the calves are all crossbreed animals. Where do they draw the line?

Some think it's important to grow a beef that will be well marbled and make a great steak. Some think it's important to grow beefs that will grow off quicker and thus yield more pounds at less $/# and not make such a great steak..

Regardless of their passion ... it still seems to work for each group.

The line would be in your brood cows.... if you use a angus bull.

Sawgum":15cp5oz8 said:
It seems most advertisments I have seen lately have been "We serve Angus beef " Where does the rest go, such as what I raise? I know it is of good quality, I use quality Angus bulls, but the calves are all crossbreed animals. Where do they draw the line?

All the rest of the beef goes to dog food, cat food, and other pet foods.

All beef besides Angus is not fit for consumption. Haven't you heard? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All I can say is: Anything I have sold this year that wasn't black brought 22 cents per pound on average less than the black stuff. Last ones 4 herefords averaged 96 cents 17 Angus brought $1.18/pound averaged.

Herefordcross":1lpzqcxa said:
All I can say is: Anything I have sold this year that wasn't black brought 22 cents per pound on average less than the black stuff. Last ones 4 herefords averaged 96 cents 17 Angus brought $1.18/pound averaged.

You need to find you some more buyers then.

They are taking you for a ride.

Certified Angus Beef = Brilliant Marketing.
If the hereford association would have thought of it we would all be eating Certified Hereford Beef. Or beefmaster or charloius or limisioun or ah well u get my point.

Sawgum":p896n0vz said:

The black hide is important. As C&C Cattle said, "brilliant marketing".
If you can verify your bulls, your calves would likely qualify as Angus source. Only the market on the day you sell will tell if that makes you money.
I guess there has been controversy here about CAB. I haven't read the archives.
I went to Angus to get polled animals. I hated de-horning. That I got an organization which promotes its' product so successfully was just a bonus.
"Process verified" is the future and it is here now. Otherwise, you are selling a commodity. Ag commodities will always bring at market something close to the cost of production over time.
CAB isn't the only successful "process verified". If you favor the continental breeds you might check Laura's Lean Beef out of Lexington Ky.

Acouple of the blacks were on the heavy side and that's why the average was a little low, but it never fails these herefords don't sell as well aroud here but, for the inputs I make no more money off of the black than I do the hereford. Herefords manage and make use of feed stuffs a lot better than the black cattle do, at least mine do.

john250":zu3sntcr said:
Sawgum":zu3sntcr said:

The black hide is important. As C&C Cattle said, "brilliant marketing".
If you can verify your bulls, your calves would likely qualify as Angus source. Only the market on the day you sell will tell if that makes you money.
I guess there has been controversy here about CAB. I haven't read the archives.
I went to Angus to get polled animals. I hated de-horning. That I got an organization which promotes its' product so successfully was just a bonus.
"Process verified" is the future and it is here now. Otherwise, you are selling a commodity. Ag commodities will always bring at market something close to the cost of production over time.
CAB isn't the only successful "process verified". If you favor the continental breeds you might check Laura's Lean Beef out of Lexington Ky.

I heard Laura Freeman speak about business start up back when I was in college 1990 - she really had a good plan and was very dedicated to it. I think it has worked very well for her and the company - check out her web page.

KMacGinley":398ma77g said:
Now there is a loaded question if I ever saw one. :D

I'm still waiting with popcorn in hand for the CAB debate to get going :D

Maybe a little push.... Does Certified ANGUS Beef have to be Angus at all? Can a purebred Red Angus be Certified Angus Beef?

Just feel like being a little mischievous this morning :p

Alan

I'll help out Alan! I think that CAB must be from purebred registered Angus cattle. and they do a really good job ensuring that that happens. :)

Also since it is certified, then it tastes better than any other.

Also everyone knows that Angus beef is more tender since it is so well marbled. :)

Enjoy :D

Alan":3ebra5zo said:
KMacGinley":3ebra5zo said:
Now there is a loaded question if I ever saw one. :D

I'm still waiting with popcorn in hand for the CAB debate to get going :D

Maybe a little push.... Does Certified ANGUS Beef have to be Angus at all? Can a purebred Red Angus be Certified Angus Beef?

Just feel like being a little mischievous this morning :p

Alan
You know, technically, that is a spade. Certainly more angus than some of the .....

Latest posts