Angus Beef? At least it look like Angus.

Help Support CattleToday:

Too much fat for me. Someone posted on here several years ago that all marbling does is cover up the mistakes made by the chef.

TexasBred":3qyw7mim said:
Someone posted on here several years ago that all marbling does is cover up the mistakes made by the chef.
That is a quote worth forgetting. So, all the fine restaurants that only serve prime or choice and all the millions of people in the country that choose choice or prime at the grocery store or meat market and willingly pay twice as much for it over select don't know how to cook?

ga.prime":rhfw5ska said:
TexasBred":rhfw5ska said:
Someone posted on here several years ago that all marbling does is cover up the mistakes made by the chef.
That is a quote worth forgetting. So, all the fine restaurants that only serve prime or choice and all the millions of people in the country that choose choice or prime at the grocery store or meat market and willingly pay twice as much for it over select don't know how to cook?
You'd probably be amazed how many absolutely don't know how to cook them and even more surprised how many don't have a clue what prime or choice is. Personally we've been eating limousine beef for about two years now. Very lean, almost no marbling and the taste is out of this world with flavor. Taste like meat not fat. But you certainly don't serve it up well done.

It's hard to ruin a good steak, but it's almost impossible to make a poor steak good on the grill. IMO
My brother eats his steak well done, but he can somehow tell if it started out as a good steak.

TexasBred":15j402my said:
ga.prime":15j402my said:
TexasBred":15j402my said:
You'd probably be amazed how many absolutely don't know how to cook them and even more surprised how many don't have a clue what prime or choice is.
The amazing thing is how many posting on this web site don't know. But, that's not who I'm talking about. I'm talking about all the many restaurants serving top grades and the millions of people that buy top grades at grocery sores and meat markets. They do know what prime and choice is and they know how to cook it and they are who supports the price of of the top grades at a level twice that of select grade and the reason is flavor.

i think its tenderness more than flavor..i mean you can bring some taste to a bland tender steak..but if its tough..and taste great..it still sukcs

ga.prime":1rm5ngao said:
TexasBred":1rm5ngao said:
ga.prime":1rm5ngao said:
You'd probably be amazed how many absolutely don't know how to cook them and even more surprised how many don't have a clue what prime or choice is.
The amazing thing is how many posting on this web site don't know. But, that's not who I'm talking about. I'm talking about all the many restaurants serving top grades and the millions of people that buy top grades at grocery sores and meat markets. They do know what prime and choice is and they know how to cook it and they are who supports the price of of the top grades at a level twice that of select grade and the reason is flavor.

ga I know what you're saying but real truth is that most americans eat what you probably would call "less than average" quality steaks. They simply cannot afford the top grades. Now that still leaves millions of the well to do who will settle for nothing but the best but as a whole we eat what we can afford and even the "special occasion" takes us to little more than Texas Roadhouse or Outback and you won't find prime and choice there regardless of what they might tell you. I'm sure everybody that puts up a beef thinks it's "choice" and it is....it's there only choice once they kill it. :lol: :lol:

ga.prime":2ds1oz8x said:
TexasBred":2ds1oz8x said:
That is a quote worth forgetting.
I agree with that, that is why people get paid premium for black baldies and black feeders, CAB brings a premium because poeple are willing to pay for it.. :cboy:

TexasBred:

Your signature:

"If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag....."But I am not king."....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

I wonder why the Justice picked on scruffy-bearded scandal-wearing weirdos?  Does that mean a neatly dressed gentleman with a clean shave is free to burn the US flag with impunity?

:D

Bright Raven":3vcrkkh9 said:
TexasBred:

Your signature:

"If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag....."But I am not king."....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

I wonder why the Justice picked on scruffy-bearded scandal-wearing weirdos?  Does that mean a neatly dressed gentleman with a clean shave is free to burn the US flag with impunity?

:D
Not at all but this is really more of the profile of those you see doing such thing. In case you missed it he's standing with those scruffy bearded sandal wearing weirdos because neither he nor anyone else can condemn them for how they look nor some of the things they do simply because we disagree with them. They have broken no laws. But since you brought it up, The Flag Desecration Amendment, also known as the Flag Burning Amendment, is a very controversial Amendment allowed under the Constitution. This Amendment states that the United States Congress has to allow the expression of political views even if it is through the burning of the United States Flag. Like Justice Scalia I don't agree with it but then I'm not king.