Angus Association average EPDs

Help Support CattleToday:

shanenils

Reaction score
Hello out there. Just found this website already added to my favs. I've tried getting on the Angus website but it seems to be down. I am trying to learn about epds. From what I've read I need to know the angus breed's average before I can look at individual cattle epds to know if they are good epds. Thanks for any information.

I have learned alot this morning. Talked to angus association member on the phone. He gave me the averages of comm. bulls and current angus dams. Looked at a list of reg. angus cows for sale. Compared alot could make a person cross eyed studing all of them. :lol:

shanenils":1mj9yi59 said:
I have learned alot this morning. Talked to angus association member on the phone. He gave me the averages of comm. bulls and current angus dams. Looked at a list of reg. angus cows for sale. Compared alot could make a person cross eyed studing all of them. :lol:

Just remember, bigger EPD's are not necessarily better.

There are no EPD's for good feet and legs, etc. either.

You must also take pedigree into account. There are many lineages that perpetuate structural flaws, tempermental issues, as well as the ability to adapt to your climate.

shanenils - and other interested members -

More than just the Angus Association is down today! The midwest, particularly Missouri, is innundated with an ICE STORM that has shut down almost EVERYTHING. Electric lines are down all over that area, so don't be surprised if most of our Forum members can't reply to posts. They aren't receiving or sending!

DOC HARRIS

I would look at the animals actual production over EPD's. You always have to keep EPDs in perspective as well. You will never find an animal that excells all the way across the board. If they did, this cattle raising would be to easy.

Latest posts