Andy Rooney

Help Support CattleToday:

RoptCwGrl

Reaction score
I've been reading posts from the Coffee Shop for sometime. I came across this in an email and felt that it fit here. :lol:

Andy Rooney said on "60 Minutes" a few weeks back:

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the UnitedCaucasianCollege Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say "NO!"

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else

And if you don't like my point of view, tough...

I don't know why the real author would hide behind Rooney's name. They could have made a pretty good one for themselves.

lakading":2ggm8un4 said:
I don't know why the real author would hide behind Rooney's name. They could have made a pretty good one for themselves.
Kind of like some of the posters on these boards. If they start mouthing off to much they change their alias,
just like one that Crowder and I confronted tonite. Some have 2 or 3 alias' and use the one that fits their mood.

I just posted it the same way I received it. I thought it had a pretty good point. Thanks for letting me know perda04.

Jeannine

Well, if Andy didn't say that stuff - he should have.

we here in England are not allowed to smack a child, it against their human rights and deemed child abuse, what will become of our next generation. One small smack, and a firm NO, never harmed anyone. :roll:

and at the market the other day I counted about 14 different languages, and English was in the minority, and people wonder why we a p****d off, the Polititians don't live in their Constituency, they live in a big house in the middle of nowhere and see nothing, or listen to the lay-man, and still open the doors for people to come over and live, and the biggest peeve is they are given our walfare without ever giving in a penny. Then the Government have a cheak to say we have a strain on the NHS, and Pension funds. :mad:

chrisy":215nnsfx said:
we here in England are not allowed to smack a child, it against their human rights and deemed child abuse, what will become of our next generation. One small smack, and a firm NO, never harmed anyone. :roll:

and at the market the other day I counted about 14 different languages, and English was in the minority, and people wonder why we a p****d off, the Polititians don't live in their Constituency, they live in a big house in the middle of nowhere and see nothing, or listen to the lay-man, and still open the doors for people to come over and live, and the biggest peeve is they are given our walfare without ever giving in a penny. Then the Government have a cheak to say we have a strain on the NHS, and Pension funds. :mad:
I am starting to think (paranoia I guess) that there is a world wide system to break strong countries, devalue strong currency, tear down strong morals, and erase borders of nations . I am not sure of the reason but I have a feeling it is relative to the one world government . Government are taking away parental rights , increasing government control and mandates , etc. at an alarming rate.....what will it be like for my kids?

ollie'":rutupvna said:
chrisy":rutupvna said:

I am starting to think (paranoia I guess) that there is a world wide system to break strong countries, devalue strong currency, tear down strong morals, and erase borders of nations . I am not sure of the reason but I have a feeling it is relative to the one world government . Government are taking away parental rights , increasing government control and mandates , etc. at an alarming rate.....what will it be like for my kids?

I'm with you on that one Ollie.

I agree with all the above, my family and I are constantly being told we cannot be Africans because we are 'white' my wife's side of the family has 400 years of history in southern Africa,but we still don't qualify in the opinion of these idiots.
I speak a total of 6 languages in respect of the people in whos countries I lived. When we had to go to England, I was not unemployed for a single day as there was plenty of temporary work available for those not too proud to do it. Our daughter did 5 years in the British army as a medic (there are about 200 Zimbabweans in the British army at the moment),and is presently holding down two jobs to pay her way through university. When we are aknowledged as Africans it is as sterotyped bigots,so you really cannot win when trying to reason with liberals!

I knew there was something wrong with those initial comments when they supposedly came from Rooney and I was actually agreeing with them :lol: .

I used to agree with a lot of Rooney's stuff from a couple decades ago....not recently though.

I think his age is catching up with him and he's losing his marbles.

Andybob":17064ekt said:
I agree with all the above, my family and I are constantly being told we cannot be Africans because we are 'white' my wife's side of the family has 400 years of history in southern Africa,but we still don't qualify in the opinion of these idiots.
I speak a total of 6 languages in respect of the people in whos countries I lived. When we had to go to England, I was not unemployed for a single day as there was plenty of temporary work available for those not too proud to do it. Our daughter did 5 years in the British army as a medic (there are about 200 Zimbabweans in the British army at the moment),and is presently holding down two jobs to pay her way through university. When we are aknowledged as Africans it is as sterotyped bigots,so you really cannot win when trying to reason with liberals!

Yea it is funny that Denzel Washington is referred to as an African American but he is from New York. And Charlize Theron is from South Africa and living in America now but she is not referred to as African American.